Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1212

Thread: Steelers vs Broncos - Wildcard Game - 1/8/2012, 4:30pm

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    THIS SUCKED!!!!!!! I am ready for the DRAFT
    :logospin:

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Go 49ers. The only team left in the playoffs that I have a morsal of respect for. Besides the Ravens....but I am going to die if the Ravens win the superbowl.
    true that!

I called a Pats, Saints SB...hope the Saints win...if D cant win (i.e. the 49ers) I hope the Saints do!

crying on the inside! Good night SteelerNation!

A LOOK AT THE BRIGHT SIDE!!!

At least with the Steelers out of contention early this puts Bruce Arians out there and available for all those head coaching opportunities. So please now start praying for someone to call BA and "steal" him from us. Keep praying Steeler fans!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    At least with the Steelers out of contention early this puts Bruce Arians out there and available for all those head coaching opportunities.
    I'll write him a personal recommendation. And I'll help him pack and drive him to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by NHStlrfan View Post
    At least with the Steelers out of contention early this puts Bruce Arians out there and available for all those head coaching opportunities. So please now start praying for someone to call BA and "steal" him from us. Keep praying Steeler fans!

praying on my knees!

Rookie Free Agent
    Dick Lebeau, as great as he is and by no means am i saying to fire him, but this loss was mostly on him. He sold the D out for the run and left the big play open all day and Denver took advantage. Its understandable for one play, maybe even 2 but no adjustments the whole game. Better to give up run plays all day than to let them throw bombs and give them confidence as Denver is a team that thrives off confidence!

This sucks... I can't believe the season is over... > In shock

Waterboy
    As a Bronco fan who was at the game on Sunday, I can't say how much I enjoyed this thread. No, not by the conclusion that statement may cause you to jump to, but rather how ALIKE we all are as fans.

Examples: Phil Simms? No one in Denver wants him calling our games. A couple of weeks ago I actually shut the sound completely off because he was about to spike my blood pressure to fatal stroke out elevation. Yet Steeler fans hate him too. Hmmm.. have to think about whether that makes Simms really crappy or really good at his job.

Injuries? Yup. Can pretty much whine on that one, too. No starting right guard, No starting fullback, Magahee's hamstring hampers a back equal to a ankle sprain hampering a quarterback, Starting safety Dawkins on the sideline. 1st quarter leading receiver hits the bench, too. So...half a team playing half a team is probably equal all though both sides will argue they had the worst end of it.

Officiating? Great Googly Moogly. There is enough evidence of shocking incompetence to fuel the fires of debate on both sides.

Coaching? I see a lot of calling for O and D coordinators heads, but seriously, the final play may be making you forget that Pittsburgh made marvelous adjustments at halftime only allowing the Broncos 3 points while mounting a great comeback. That didn't happen by accident. How would you like to see 1st down -run. 2nd down - run. 3rd down -incomplete. 4th down, bring in best offensive player, Colquitt.

And then the grand finale. The one thing the Denver staff did spot was the mismatch between Damaryius Thomas and Ike Taylor. A lot of people forget Thomas was drafted ahead of Tebow to replace the exiting Brandon Marshall. He's a big physical guy with the body of a Tight End and the skills and speed of a Wideout. Rookie year he blows an achilles and early this season he breaks fingers so people sort of forget about him. Not saying Calvin Johnson abilities, but he can be a huge asset if he stays healthy. That was the one area of exploitation that went to the Broncos. Demaryius is simply going to win the battle with Taylor the majority of the time.

The Terrible Towels... totally agree that is a Pittsburgh thing and an annoying handout at the game. Would rather go with the all white shaker things the Avalanche use in a home "snowout". Seeing as the orange towel waving about matched the gold toweling waving I would say about 60,000 of Bronco Nation felt the same way and used the towels as seatwarmers.

The Pittsburgh fans in Denver. We told people there, and I will tell folks here, the visiting fans were about 1,000 times classier than the New England Tawmy Quinzy wannabees who were at Mile High a couple weeks before. Good grief what obnoxious jerks. Without doubt I would've been cheering for Pittsburgh next week if the results had turned out the other way round.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me how "fanatic" we all are.

Thread Information