Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers should be rooting for Houston on Saturday against the Bengals...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Steelers should be rooting for Houston on Saturday against the Bengals...

I say this because if the Texans beat the Bengals they would play the Ravens first and the Steelers assuming of course they win in Denver will play the Patriots Sat night January 14th in Foxborough. I think the Patriots are a far far better matchup for the Steelers in the divisional round then the Ravens would be simply because the Patriots defense is terrible and cant stop anybody and all the Steelers would have to do is contain Tom Brady enough like they did here in Pittsburgh when they beat them in October and they would have an excellent chance of winning that game. Now dont get me wrong Im not sitting here saying the Steelers couldnt beat the Ravens if they had to play them first instead of New England but all I am saying is I would rather the Ravens play 1 game against a pretty physical defense in the Texans even if they do win and the Steelers see them in the AFC Championship game as opposed to the divisional round where they are rested and fresh. I dont know there is just something about the Ravens this year when it comes to the Steelers that makes me believe that they are so obsessed with beating the Steelers that they will come out and play to the death to make sure that the Steelers dont beat them.

Now of course if the Bengals do beat the Texans it will at least keep the Steelers chances for a home playoff game alive should the Bengals knock off the Patriots and the Steelers beat the Ravens however the odds of that all happening are slim and none at this point. The bottom line is I want the Patriots over the Ravens in the divisional round. The Patriots are not world beaters by any stretch even at home and have fallen behind the Dolphins and the Bills the last 2 weeks of the season in New England 17-0 and 21-0 and only came back on both of those teams because both are horrific. If they do that against the Steelers with their defense and their kind of offense they wont come back. So the way to root this week is for the Texans and hopefully they will somehow either knock the Ravens off or at least soften them up for the Steelers if the Steelers should meet the Ravens in the AFC Championship game.

you sure?

pats would get the 5th or 6th seed

ravens get the 3rd or 5th

i think bengals need to win for us to play the ravens

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    you sure?

pats would get the 5th or 6th seed

ravens get the 3rd or 5th

i think bengals need to win for us to play the ravens
    Yes they do need to win for us to play the Ravens which I dont want to do in the divisional round. I would rather play the Patriots first since I think they are very beatable and have Houston soften up the Ravens for the Steelers in the AFC Championship game or by some miracle beat the Ravens...

id MUCH rather get baltimore than NE....its not even close, im rooting hard for the bengals. The ravens would go into that game scared, even sweeping the steelers theyd be scared of being knocked out by pitt yet again....at home, all the pressure would be on them

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id MUCH rather get baltimore than NE....its not even close, im rooting hard for the bengals. The ravens would go into that game scared, even sweeping the steelers theyd be scared of being knocked out by pitt yet again....at home, all the pressure would be on them
    You could be right or they could go in the game smelling blood and play completely and totally out of their minds in order to beat the Steelers and knock them out of the playoffs. I will give anything to see the Steelers end the Ravens season in Baltimore especially after beating the Steelers twice this season and seeing how they talk about how they are unbeatable at home. If we get them in the divisional round so be it but I would much rather see the Steelers knock them out in the AFC Championship game with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. If they do end up playing the Ravens next Sunday it will be one year exactly to the day that the Steelers knocked the Ravens out of the playoffs in Pittsburgh which was January 15th...

i think the ravens are a very overrated team....and the steelers would be in their heads, too many playoff knock outs for them not to be. the patriots however historically own the steelers, they wouldnt be sweating that matchup....not saying they cant beat the patriots, but joe flacco isnt exactly the coolest under pressure, brady is

i think the ravens are a very overrated team....and the steelers would be in their heads, too many playoff knock outs for them not to be. the patriots however historically own the steelers, they wouldnt be sweating that matchup....not saying they cant beat the patriots, but joe flacco isnt exactly the coolest under pressure, brady is
    new england is overrated this year too. they've only played 2 teams over .500, us and the giants, losing both. other than ben, eli and rivers every other qb they've faced is mediocre at best or a complete bum and they still had the worst secondary in the league. i fear the steelers beating the steelers more than the pats or ravens themselves

Either would be tough games on the road... I would rather knock the Rats off and lose to the Pats afterwards.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I hear what youre saying but I still think it will be easier to knock the Patriots out of the playoffs then it will be to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs. The Patriots defense is a complete joke and if Brady is off in that game or has a bad game the Patriots are basically done. The Ravens are a more complete team overall then the Patriots are all the way across the board and will be a much much tougher out then the Patriots will be I believe whether they have Brady or not...The Patriots are not that good they fell behind both the Dolphins and Bills at home the last 2 weeks 17-0 and 21-0 and were extremely lucky to come back and win both of those games. If those two teams are capable of jumping on the Patriots early the Steelers most definitely are and if that happens the Patriots wont be rallying from 20 points down and comeback and beat the Steelers it just will not happen...

The ravens are missing some pieces now too. im with ktrain. rats first.

pats always get lucky with us and we start to fall behind.

we can out score flacco... right bruce?

Thread Information