Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to let Redman run wild?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    "Are you too good for your home? ANSWER ME!!"

Being a good RB in the NFL requires vision, desire, and patience. Speed is nice, but as an NFL RB, it is an overrated commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I dont think Bettis was all that fast of a runner. Not all the fastest runners in the NFL are great lmfao. If BA calls 75 passes we will lose. Have you seen Ben these past few weeks? He has been awful down the stretch of the season also. Ben isnt gonna put this team on his back to win a playoff game this year. Its gonna take a total team effort. Since week 10 Bens has thrown 6 td's and 6int's, not exactly lighting it up there.
    bettis had the sweetest feet for a RB ive ever seen. redman is not in the same universe as bettis as a runner. he hits the hole hard but he hits it very very slow too

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    "Are you too good for your home? ANSWER ME!!"
    I love it!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    bettis had the sweetest feet for a RB ive ever seen. redman is not in the same universe as bettis as a runner. he hits the hole hard but he hits it very very slow too
    He might hit it slow but you rarely ever see him lose yards which is a huge plus. Mendenhall might be faster but how many times have you seen him hit the back of a linemen fast cause he isnt patient enough to wait for the hole to open and lose yards.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Redman only has had 3 games with double digit carries in his career....Is that correct?.....My biggest concern about Redman is he has never been asked to carry the running the game......when people say Redman never fumbles and those two fumbles are no big deal....But we really can't judge Redman if he is a fumbler or not when he only has been asked to carry the ball 5-6 times a game in his career so far?....Trust me I want the guy to succeed and I hope he runs for 125 yards and two TD's against the Broncos but I just have some doubts until I see him asked to carry the ball 15-20 times a game in back to to back weeks......Rashard had been running damn good as of late and its a huge blow to the Steelers running game but Redman will get his shot now......

--- Added 1/7/2012 at 12:47 PM ---

For the record I find it funny how people are saying Ben was so terrible against the Browns....He didn't turn the ball over and he was money on 3rd down....Factor in his ankle and the wind being a huge factor and Ben played alright against the Browns to me.....Just because Ben didn't have a monster fantasy game doesn't mean he didn't play well....I'm willing to bet Ben has a big game against the Broncos......Anybody care to think that Ben played somewhat cautious against the Browns and was saving it for the play-offs?
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 01-07-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Redman only has had 3 games with double digit carries in his career....Is that correct?.....My biggest concern about Redman is he has never been asked to carry the running the game......when people say Redman never fumbles and those two fumbles are no big deal....But we really can't judge Redman if he is a fumbler or not when he only has been asked to carry the ball 5-6 times a game in his career so far?....Trust me I want the guy to succeed and I hope he runs for 125 yards and two TD's against the Broncos but I just have some doubts until I see him asked to carry the ball 15-20 times a game in back to to back weeks......Rashard had been running damn good as of late and its a huge blow to the Steelers running game but Redman will get his shot now......

--- Added 1/7/2012 at 12:47 PM ---

For the record I find it funny how people are saying Ben was so terrible against the Browns....He didn't turn the ball over and he was money on 3rd down....Factor in his ankle and the wind being a huge factor and Ben played alright against the Browns to me.....Just because Ben didn't have a monster fantasy game doesn't mean he didn't play well....I'm willing to bet Ben has a big game against the Broncos......Anybody care to think that Ben played somewhat cautious against the Browns and was saving it for the play-offs?
    Yea the browns game was ok from Ben but he hasnt been on fire either going into the playoffs. Hopefully his anjle will be alot better now and he can put up them Ben like games.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Yea the browns game was ok from Ben but he hasnt been on fire either going into the playoffs. Hopefully his anjle will be alot better now and he can put up them Ben like games.
    Ben is a gamer he will be alright.......I have all the confidence he will put it all on the line in the post-season......

I'm going to stay positive about Redman, I think he'll do good..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I'm going to stay positive about Redman, I think he'll do good..
    Me too, I think they will limit his carries due not handling the workload of a full time back. So its really up to Clay to step his game up also. I think both backs will do just fine. We need the Oline to be stellar though.

Thread Information