Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers are too injured to go all the way?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar

The Steelers are too injured to go all the way?

That is the goal, right? Not to win one playoff game and make a early exit. Look at all the injuries from the San Fran game and on... We lost Ben's mobility for the rest of the season, Pouncey, Woodley retweaked his hammy, Mendy, 2 cornerbacks, and many more! Yes, I'm still bitter they didn't take the 2 weeks off and they would have been in the same position as they are now!

I can see them winning or losing every potential match up in the AFC but one thing is for sure they will NOT win against a offensive juggernaut team in the NFC. This was already proven last year, slightly banged up and lost to the Packers. Packers have only got better and we have more injuries this year then last!

Whoever made the decision to go for the division and risk injuries should be fired!

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Steelers are battered, bruised, tweaked, injured and are down to the bottom of the bucket on some positions. That doesn't mean they can't win in the playoffs or even the Super Bowl. These Steelers have been playing battered and bruised all year and still finished 12-4. Look at GB last year, they must have had 20 players go down during the year and still won the SB. You underestimate the players and the teams heart and resolve when you count them out before they've even played a snap in the playoffs

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Fight
    True Bandwagon speaks
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by StillersSound View Post
    That is the goal, right? Not to win one playoff game and make a early exit.

Whoever made the decision to go for the division and risk injuries should be fired!
    So you would rather be the "Eagles" have a great team on paper but sit at home and watch the playoff's ?

When your players are injured and there's a shot at getting a bye week,you have to go for it. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. But it was the correct decision.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    True Bandwagon speaks
    Ditto!

Look what the Pens did last year... Chill out bro!

In Tomlin's mind every player is a starter...

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    So you would rather be the "Eagles" have a great team on paper but sit at home and watch the playoff's ?

When your players are injured and there's a shot at getting a bye week,you have to go for it. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. But it was the correct decision.
    Like I said 4 weeks ago.. They were a lock for the 5th seed before the San Fran game. They could have taken 2 weeks off and got healthy, San Fran and Browns game. All they had to do was win one game, Rams. The week leading up to San Fran, they didn't control their own destiny so imo it wasn't worth it. And I was right, 5+ key injuries later and in the same situation.

So you would rather take a chance at winning the division then having a healthy team in the playoffs? You guys remind me of a bunch of Craps fans. Regular season accolades mean nothing but I'm the bandwagon fan for wanting the team healthy for the playoffs

So, the Bengals didnt play full tilt because they knew all three teams that needed to lose would lose?

you play to win and the chips fall the way they fall. cinci is in on 4 losses for the day.

and we are #5 because of it.

go steelers......

Like I said 4 weeks ago.. They were a lock for the 5th seed before the San Fran game. They could have taken 2 weeks off and got healthy, San Fran and Browns game. All they had to do was win one game, Rams. The week leading up to San Fran, they didn't control their own destiny so imo it wasn't worth it. And I was right, 5+ key injuries later and in the same situation.

So you would rather take a chance at winning the division then having a healthy team in the playoffs? You guys remind me of a bunch of Craps fans. Regular season accolades mean nothing but I'm the bandwagon fan for wanting the team healthy for the playoffs
    Yaaaaawwwwwnnnnn!!

My Mood
    Chatty
    That is the goal, right? Not to win one playoff game and make a early exit. Look at all the injuries from the San Fran game and on... We lost Ben's mobility for the rest of the season, Pouncey, Woodley retweaked his hammy, Mendy, 2 cornerbacks, and many more! Yes, I'm still bitter they didn't take the 2 weeks off and they would have been in the same position as they are now!

I can see them winning or losing every potential match up in the AFC but one thing is for sure they will NOT win against a offensive juggernaut team in the NFC. This was already proven last year, slightly banged up and lost to the Packers. Packers have only got better and we have more injuries this year then last!

A few quotes from the movie The Replacements.....pain heals, chicks dig scars....glory lasts forever.

This team can get thru anything.....we can beat everybody and anybody if we dont' turn the ball over with our first, second, or third string. yes it's a bummer we have some of our boys broken and battered but THIS is what makes true Champions...this will be our year where they will NOT be able to say the refs gave us the game, we cheated blah blah blah........I'm not gonna lie....at times I felt that this would not be our year BUT this Band of Brothers is not going down without a fight. We will get thru Denver and get ready for the Ravens or the Pats.....don't think for one minute that this team willl lay down because of injuries...this is what makes back up players great!!!!

Im excited to get to Denver and play out very best football!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ditto!

Look what the Pens did last year... Chill out bro!

In Tomlin's mind every player is a starter...
    The Penguins lost in the first round...

Thread Information