Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pirates Thread

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Anyone think we can get Pierre to take a Pirates contract with all that reduced pay?

I highly doubt we can compete with the the Cubs pocketbook, he has to be one of their priority signings
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Altoona was named the top minor league team in baseball...
    Link
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

The Post Gazette is reporting that the Bucs are closing in on trading Mike Gonzalez to the Braves for Adam LaRoche. LaRoche batted .285 with 32 home runs and 90 RBIs. He is only 27 and he is good defensively at first something we have never had.

Other players they are talking about include:
    Jeff Suppan
    Ryan Church
    Trot Nixon
    Geoff Jenkins
    James Loney
    Casey Kotchman

We also signed a Cuban defector, Yuslan Herrera who is only 25

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Good gosh, instead of actually pulling a move in the open market we offer arbitration to Chacon and Cota! Holy Crap is Cota horrible

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Chacon I don't mind, as long as he stays healthy. But Cota??? Cota has done nothing, AND we've got a ton of catchers! Paulino and Doumit should be our 2 catchers, with Doumit also getting some time at 1st base. Plus we have Neil Walker coming up in the minors. Why would we bring back Cota???
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

looks like another missed opportunity by littlefield, and another losing season.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    Good gosh, instead of actually pulling a move in the open market we offer arbitration to Chacon and Cota! Holy Crap is Cota horrible
    Cota you got to be ****ing kidding me. This guy sucks. I just hope the young pitching comes around. The Pirates really need a vet to anchor the staff but I don't think Chacon is the answer. I would like for the Buccos to have a .500 season to show some sign that this team is turning the corner. Man 1990-1992 seems like a 100 years ago.

The Bucs signed a couple guys today, Cuban defector Yoslan Herrera who is only 25 but hasnt pitched in a couple years but has been doing throwing sessions in the Dominican Republic for teams. And Masumi Kuwata a 38 year old bullpen guy they took a chance on with a minor league contract. The guy actually picked us over the Red Sox and Dodgers.

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

The Pirates signed that right handed vet they had been seeking to be in competition for the 5th spot in the rotation... They have signed Tony Armas Jr. to a 1 year deal

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information