Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Official Pirates Thread

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    who do you want for the next manager?
    BRUCE ARAINS

A. HE COULD PROLLY DO A BETTER JOB
    B. SO HE'D STAY OFF OUR SIDELINES N QUIT CALLING DRAW PLAYS ON THE 2 YR LINE...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Curious if you guys have any opinions on who on the big club is part of the future and who is simply taking up space?

Future:
    McCutchen
    Tabata
    Alvarez
    Walker?

Meek
    Hanrahan

First two absolutely, Alvarez has the goods but needs consistency, is Walker a long term guy or a one year wonder? I'm going to hope long term. Meek and Hanrahan are the only pitchers we have on the big club worth a damn.

Maybes:
    Jones
    Snyder
    Maholm

Jones needs to bounce back and show this year was a sophomore slump, Snyder needs to settle back into his role after the trade and be the player he was in years prior. Maholm needs help from the rest of the damn team and it would really help if he stepped up to be a solid 2 instead of a 3-4 guy.

Other than that guys like Duke and Doumit are gone more than likely, the mess of light hitting mediocre fielding infielders are just that a mess with mediocrity as the high point. Likewise the outfield outside of the top 2 is a mess of Jones and the failed prospects of Milledge and Moss? The pitchers aren't even worth discussing they are so bad. Lets hope McDonald and Lincoln help out next year.

For all the press about being done with talent acquisition we are still in big trouble, this could easily go 20 years.
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Well we can scratch Wedge, Gibbons, and now the hometown candidate Macha off the list of possible managers. From what I've read they may be waiting for Tony Pena who is now available since the Yankees were eliminated.
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

The latest rumor has them looking at Clint Hurdle, the man who took the Rockies to the world series and is currently the batting coach for the Rangers

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Thread Information