Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pirates Thread

Waterboy

hmm

the bucs are a good team,they could become a nl central powerhouse if they find there mission piece

Tailgate Coordinator
    The Pirates stink, and Tracy is no manager, last mights game proves it. The players seem to give up already, and it is only May.

I'm A "Champion"

Hey, look out everyone! Adam LaRoche is batting over .200!
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

I wish this team would quit sucking so bad. Find a new maneger. Get some offense!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

blew a 7-1 lead.....damnit

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

I was hoping to be into Pirates baseball at least until Pittsburgh's annual 4th of July fire sale of talent, but this past week has just sucked the enthusiasm out of me.......

Hats off to Chacon for a fine outing 10Ks and 3 hits over 7 innings......what an improvement over ARMLESS...ahem....I meant Armas

Yet another excellent pitching effort spoiled by the relievers....rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Dako; 05-31-2007 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here are some changes I want made.

1. Jose Castillo should be used as a defensive replacement in late innings when we have the lead, because he's much better than Sanchez at 2nd base.

2. Keep Kuwata, call up Kolb, put Chacon back in the bullpen, and when Torres comes back, we might actually have a decent bullpen. Bayliss, Sharpless, and Grabow have been terrible. (I don't think Grabow is feeling 100%)

3. CALL UP JOHN VAN BENSCHOTTEN!!! Send Duke back down to AAA to let him work out his problems without costing the Pirates games. There is no point to sending him out there every 5th game to get crushed. Let him figure things out in the minors, and call him back up when he's ready.

4. Possibly consider bringing Bixler up for his offense, and letting him share time with Wilson at SS. Maybe the competition will get Jack to start playing like he's capable of, both in the field and at bat.

5. Use Doumit at catcher for the next couple games, so Paulino understands that the lack of effort he's put into his defense the last few games is totally unacceptable. Hell, Bautista didn't hustle enough a couple times against the Yankees either, so bench him for a game or 2 and have Sanchez play 3rd, and Castillo at 2nd.

Also, I've been wondering ever since Tracy was hired, why we picked him instead of Leyland. It made no sense to me. But the other day, it dawned on me. We hired Tracy because he's perfect for the Nuttings. Leyland WASN'T hired, for precisely the reason we all think he SHOULD have been hired: because he wouldn't tolerate losing. IIRC, Leyland quit last time he was with the Pirates because he was sick of ownership not spending the money to give him the players he needed to compete. If the Pirates had hired Leyland, he'd have gone ballistic many times by now over the lack of performance by the Pirates, and that would get national attention. At some point, he'd get so sick of the lack of commitment to winning that he would quit, and that too would get national attention, showing everyone in the country that the Pirates aren't committed to winning. And then everyone would know about the Nuttings. Tracy, however, is always calm, always positive. He doesn't make a fuss when we lose. He's the perfect guy for the Nuttings to hire, because he won't call attention to the fact that this organization is the worst in pro sports. And I don't blame Tracy for this. That's just his personality. That's how he manages a team. I blame the Nuttings, because they were looking for a way to continue to maintain the status quo, while they keep quietly stuffing their pockets with the money that should go to improving the team. And they found the perfect man for the job.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

I have just a few comments on your choices, I dont mind putting castillo in there as he is a better defensive 2b than Sanchez but we have to keep Sanchez in there in the late innings just in case the game goes extras with our shaky bullpen. Bautista is one of the better hitters on the team right now so we cant push him out either. I like tonights lineup with 2 changes, Sanchez goes to SS and Castillo goes to 2nd. Those are their natural positions. And Doumit replaces Paulino at C. I think that gives us the best offense and best defensive alignment with what we have. Right now I would have to say you would have to call up Bullington before JVB as I like Bullingtons WHIP a bit better
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

hey we won one tonight....still embarrassed/pissed about how we've been giving them away as of late...... definitely need to revamp the bullpen......LaRoche finally showing signs of breaking out of his funk.....never been a fan of Paulino....Bautistas' been fine.....send out for a better manager and better pitching

Thread Information