Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Pirates Thread

The Pirates have signed former Brewer and Atlanta Closer Dan Kolb to a minor league contract... Link

Not bad, a 32 year old who was an Allstar just a few years ago for only 1.25 million
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Clowns
    I like this Kolb signing too. He is not very old, he has proven he can close in the past with Milwaukee a few years back. He has a very good arm, and at times could be lights out in the 9th inning. If anything it gives the Pirates some depth in the bullpen incase Torres struggles in the closer role. I am really liking this team going into spring this year with the addition of LaRoche to the lineup giving us that left handed power bat at PNC we so desperately needed, and the core young guys such as Bay,Sanchez,Paulino,Bautista,Nady,Wilson,Duffy, etc coming back with a good year under their belt. I really think if the pitching staff with Duke,Snell,Maholm,Gorz,Armas,Burnett does well and this team can keep this lineup healthy all year long they have a realistic shot to compete for a wildcard spot in the watered down National League. I really believe this is the year the Pirates turn the corner and finally compete for a possible playoff spot come September.

Pie Rats

I think (maybe I am being arrogant), but the Pirates need to build their ACTIVE ROSTER rather then their FARM SYSTEM. Now, they have a great Farm system, but they have not taken advantage of it!!!!
    PLEASE DO SO!!!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Sanchez could be starting the season on the DL...

Story

After last year we all know how important it is to get off to a decent start and having Sanchez on the DL would really hurt
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerDan43 View Post
    Sanchez could be starting the season on the DL...

Story

After last year we all know how important it is to get off to a decent start and having Sanchez on the DL would really hurt
    S***! I just drafted him last night!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die."

Rookie Free Agent
    I have high hopes for the season and and beyond , Did anyone see like a month ago how they solved there potential problem at catcher with Paulino and Neil Walker in a season or 2 with moving him to 3rd. I think we can reach at least 82 wins this season and build off of that momentum going into the season after that.

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Freddy Sachez is on the DL

Rookie Free Agent
    Good thing its only a 15 day DL , his injury isnt that serious right

82 wins would be a great season for me....can't wait to get rid of that losing season streak....

Thanks to BB2W for the sig

Rookie Free Agent
    Yeah winning season of my Pirates fan career . Ive been a fan since 98' and want a winning season so bad even if it doesnt get us into the playoffs, arent the Pirates really close the record for most consecitive season without a winning record , when was out last season of having a winning record 93' or something.

Thread Information