Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who else thinks NFC winner will win the Superbowl this year?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar

Who else thinks NFC winner will win the Superbowl again this year?

As most of you probably know, there are only 3 teams in the AFC that have a chance at making the Superbowl this year and I don't think the Patriots/Ravens/Steelers can beat the NFC winner this year.

Patriots

Horrible defense, if they go to the Superbowl and have to play against the Packers or Saints, they will be picked apart. Yeah, I know both of those NFC teams have bad defenses as well but not as bad as the Patriots. The Patriots would probably score a ton of points but not enough to make up for their defense.

Ravens
    I can't see Flacco having a big game in a Superbowl, especially since they can't play the Superbowl at home in M&T Bank where they have been undefeated this year. Remember what the Chargers did to them? Now imagine what the Packers/Saints could do. Rice could only do so much before it would come down to Flacco having to make plays and I don't think he could do it.

Steelers
    Banged up Roethlisberger whom is not at 100%, starting RB done for the season along with two CB's injured from the Browns game, not sure if Woodley is 100% yet with his hammy, O-Line not the greatest. If the Steelers somehow miraculously made it to the Superbowl again, I don't think they could score enough points with a hobbled QB and bad O-Line. They came close last year but mistakes killed them in the Superbowl: 2 interceptions with one being a pick 6, missed FG, the Mendenhall fumble at the Packers 36yd line in the 4th quarter that killed all the momentum. And despite all those mistakes, the Steelers still had a chance to win it at the end of the game, last year could have been another title. But this year they just aren't healthy enough to make another run at it.
    Last edited by Steelers/PSU Fan; 01-03-2012 at 03:20 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree with your take on the Steelers. It would be woeful to think about a banged up Steelers team trying to win another SB. The ratbirds wouldn't stand a chance. I think that of the two teams you mentioned that the Packers are probably the odds on favorite to end up in the SB this year. The Packers took their one loss this year at the hands of KC. Belichek seems to find ways to win despite what seems to be huge odds against him. Their record at this point shows either their doing something right or else playing in a really weak division. The Pats just seem to have a way of wearing down other teams. However, if the opposing teams defense can keep Brady off the field eventually you can wear the Pats defense down and then it's a whole different ballgame. It will definitely be interesting to see what happens come playoff time. That's when teams really seem to step up their game so to speak.

In a pre-season pickem, I picked the Patriots and Packers for the Super Bowl. I didn't realize that the Patiots would have such a bad Defense...heck, the Steelers COULD take them out! With all the upsets we've had this season, who knows!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers/PSU Fan View Post

Patriots

Horrible defense, if they go to the Superbowl and have to play against the Packers or Saints, they will be picked apart. Yeah, I know both of those NFC teams have bad defenses as well but not as bad as the Patriots.
    The Green Bay defense is just as bad as the Pats. They are 31 and 32 ranked Defenses (or 32 and 31, I forget the exact order). NO has a bit better of a D than both. And all 3 have explosive offenses.

It could be a toss up this year... Hell Atlanta could make a run, how about the Lions??

Sure the Saints and the Packers are the sexy pick but don't rule out one of the other teams..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    i have no clue who will get to or win the super bowl, but i would love to take out baltimore then get a shot at the niners in the super bowl and take out both douch-baughs!

i can dream can't i?
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Waterboy
    not even close. this years real sb is the NFC championship game.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The NFC does have the more consistent, complete teams this year. I think anybody could agree with that. The amount of points that both the Saints and Packers put up every week is staggering. Green Bay's defense is still suspect and could give them problems in the post season and the Saints defense while playing good is not perfect either.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hard to say. If a team like the 49ers, that actually has a defense, makes the superbowl, I think they've got a real chance. If it's a Pats vs. Packers game or something of a sort, it's a toss up to see who can get to 60 points first.

I could see the Packers being 1 and done...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information