Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long can the offensive line hold up?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

How long can the offensive line hold up?

Pouncey clearly hasn't fully recovered from his ankle, although he did look better than he before when he tried to play and had to come out of the game.

Ramon Foster left the game but jogged off and didn't appear to have any long term problems, hopefully.

Kemoeatu had probably one of his best games of the year, except for the bonehead shove that could have been flagged as a personal foul.

Marcus Gilbert was owned at times again against the Browns, completely whiffing on several oncoming pass rushers. One in particular on a 3rd down play that forced the offense to punt.

Starks is still the best lineman but he's had some issues lately with elite pass rushers. The Broncos will test him and Gilbert both and if they smell blood Ben will be running for his life. Denver is currently 20th in the league in total defense: 18th vs the pass and 22nd vs the run.

Don't let those stats full though, even though they are banged up with key players like Von Miller not 100% and Brian Dawkins suffering from a neck injury they will still get after the Pittsburgh offensive line. If Pouncey can get back on track and the rest of the players can just stay on the field for an entire game they may be ok, but that's a tall order to fill.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well it reared it's ugly head again yesterday, that's for sure. I was not impressed at all by the effort that they put up against the Browns.

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Gilbert has been disappointing the second half of the season. Why did he get that award last week? Was that suppose to be a morale booster after being benched?

Injuries seem to rear up and bite us at the worst times, and always seem to be at key positions. This might sound odd, but up until a couple of years ago, I would have been worried more than I am these days about the O-line.

For whatever reason, our O-line seems to hold up just enough to get to, and even win a SB. Last year, our O-line gave us a chance to win the SB with Pouncey not playing. I would love it if we drafted a beast at LT and really changed the O-line into a strength, but that will only help us next year.

Could you imgaine Ben's stats if he had the time Brady and Manning have to throw the ball with our wide receivers???????? His stats are good now and he's been running for his life some games.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Injuries seem to rear up and bite us at the worst times, and always seem to be at key positions. This might sound odd, but up until a couple of years ago, I would have been worried more than I am these days about the O-line.

For whatever reason, our O-line seems to hold up just enough to get to, and even win a SB. Last year, our O-line gave us a chance to win the SB with Pouncey not playing. I would love it if we drafted a beast at LT and really changed the O-line into a strength, but that will only help us next year.

Could you imgaine Ben's stats if he had the time Brady and Manning have to throw the ball with our wide receivers???????? His stats are good now and he's been running for his life some games.
    he will defintly get better stats but to what extent is the question BEN holds on to the ball longer then norm, and that makes our O-line look shakey at times, when indeed they arent doing that horrible

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    This team just cannot catch a break with injuries to the offensive line. I honestly don't think I could you off the top of my head the last time a Steeler line was intact for the majority of the year.

Even the most average line can get better and be capable if they stay together as a group.

Pouncey's ankle is a concern, the future of LT is a concern because Starks won't last forever if he does comeback next season.

Waterboy
    Injuries all around for the Steelers, I just hope that no more take place.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Pouncey's ankle is a concern, the future of LT is a concern because Starks won't last forever if he does comeback next season.
    I think Gilbert moves back to LT in time, possibly next year, it just depends on what happens with Colon. Gilbert's had some rough outings but I think he may have hit that rookie wall everyone talks about. With a proper offseason next year and the opportunity to digest everything he's learned I expect him to come out strong.

Two straight years of season ending injuries and a huge cap number for Colon, we'll see what happens.

Pouncey's ankle injury is to the opposite ankle that he injured in last years championship game right? Didn't he hurt this one in week one or two? That's even worse if that's the case. Could be problematic his entire career, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Well it reared it's ugly head again yesterday, that's for sure. I was not impressed at all by the effort that they put up against the Browns.
    Until Arians head is chopped off, we will be the same offense, Real easy to read...

Our game plans ruins us most of the time. and i say thats why we are hurt so often also.

We get bull rushed and banged up. the defenses are not holding back because of our lack of deception.... we have none. they just blast away at our OL.

Without Ben we would be 2-14

we won a superbowl with justin hartwig and darnell stapleton.

/thread

Thread Information