Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers pro bowl snubs?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers pro bowl snubs?

Hey guys and gals, I was looking at the pro bowl rosters for this year and of course the Steelers are sending 5 players, 3 as starters.

I think though there are several players who you could make a serious case for but did not get enough votes to make it.

Ryan Clark - Having one of his best years to date. Especially the 2nd half of the season he's been playing very well. He's making the sure tackles, breaking up passes, and overall doing a very good job playing opposite Polamalu.

Brett Keisel - 45 tackles, 3 sacks, 1 forced fumble. Very good stats for a defensive lineman in a Steelers defense. They don't typically get much recognition because they do the dirty work to allow others to make the plays. Keisel though has been a force all year, and even when he doesn't make the tackle he's regularly in the backfield blowing up plays.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think Keisel has to make it sooner or later. He's been a force for our defensive line this year big time.

Clark I'd probably agree with as well but with Troy making it and also Ed Reed there isnt much room for more Safeties. He could make still when guys start dropping out later on.

I know he came on after the year started but Max Starks would get an honorable mention in my book.

I think we all believe Ike Taylor got snubbed this year. He has done a great job imho. I agree with Kiesel, he has played very well, but not enough to overcome Ngata and Wilfork. I think Ike played better than Champ.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Taylor didn't get snubbed, there were better corners than him who didn't make it, so I'm not disappointed he didn't make it.

Kiesel will never be voted to the pro bowl because he's a 3-4 defensive end who doesn't get sacks. But he will be an alternate this season like he was last season. Mark my words, he will be in the pro bowl against this season when a couple of those guys call off.

shaun suisham, hahahahahahahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by Thisoneguy555 View Post
    Taylor didn't get snubbed, there were better corners than him who didn't make it, so I'm not disappointed he didn't make it.

Kiesel will never be voted to the pro bowl because he's a 3-4 defensive end who doesn't get sacks. But he will be an alternate this season like he was last season. Mark my words, he will be in the pro bowl against this season when a couple of those guys call off.
    Just out of curiosity, what corners played better in your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what corners played better in your opinion?
    Brandon Flowers and Lardarius Webb are playing better. Taylor has not played as well as his numbers indicate in my opinion. He may not have let up a lot of touchdowns, but if you go back and watch games, there were a lot of times where he let a receiver wide open in the endzone but the ball was dropped or overthrown.

He's lucky to even be a pro bowl alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisoneguy555 View Post
    Brandon Flowers and Lardarius Webb are playing better. Taylor has not played as well as his numbers indicate in my opinion. He may not have let up a lot of touchdowns, but if you go back and watch games, there were a lot of times where he let a receiver wide open in the endzone but the ball was dropped or overthrown.

He's lucky to even be a pro bowl alternate.
    I guess I'm surprised by your Webb pick. Taylor imo has outperformed Webb, and i'm not biased. Flowers has played well, with E. Berry out. I just think Taylor has played better in leading the NFL's best pass defense.

My Mood
    Fight
    Hopefully we won't have to worry about the Pro Bowl, don't care to watch it anyways,
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Veteran
    It's interesting that the NFL's top rated defense (YPG, second in PPG) could only field one pro bowler.

Thread Information