Thread: Tomlin's take on the Broncos

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Tomlin's take on the Broncos

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin weighs in on his team heading into the first week of the AFC playoffs:

On Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow:
    "I see a guy that just wins. He's at his best in the significant moments. He makes those around him better. They buy into what he's selling. He's got natural, charismatic leadership abilities. We've got to fight that battle. And I'm sure it's one our defense will be excited about fighting. They respect and enjoy challenges."

Evaluating quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and his performance with a high-ankle sprain:
    "He won last week. That's how he's measured. That's how I'm measured and that's what we tend to focus on. I'm not overly concerned about his physical state and preparation for this game."

On Ryan Mundy starting in place of Ryan Clark at free safety against the Broncos:
    "He's starter-capable. He's proven that. We're comfortable with what he's capable of doing. Not only him, but I have a great deal of confidence in Will Allen, as well."

On Broncos rookie linebacker Von Miller, who finished tied for third in the AFC with 11.5 sacks:
    "What you've heard about Von Miller is true based on the tape I've been looking at here over the past 48 hours. He's as good physically as any player in football. He's good versus the run, he's good versus the pass. He's got a club on his right hand (encased in a cast, protecting surgically repaired ligaments in his thumb injured Nov. 27 against San Diego). It hasn't slowed down his productivity whatsoever. They're going to find ways to get him on running backs. They're going to bring him off the edge versus tackles. They're going to move him around."

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    "We're gonna come out and win this game". Not really. i got to give MT credit, of all the NFL coaches he always has some insightful words to describe the opponet. They are usually opposite of the outcome of the latest win/loss. IMO only. He did get us a 12 -4.

I wish.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Tomlin may not come right out and see he's concerned about the physical state of the team but he is. He just won't say anything to the media about it. You'd be a fool to think he's not concerned about how Ben is going to do, if Woodley can play a full game, etc.

Thread Information