Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ward reaches one milestone, 10 catches away from 1,000 (Update, now 5 away)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Ward reaches one milestone, 10 catches away from 1,000 (Update, now 5 away)

Bruce Arians and Big Ben force fed Hines Ward to the ball today in order to help get him to those 2 final records in what may be his last season.

I'm sure they would never admit they were purposefully trying to get him extra work but you know that was part of it if the game lent itself to a situation where they could do so. Hines is clearly no longer a feature receiver, we all know this and have talked about it at length. You never want to do something just for 1 player if it compromises your chance to win a game, but I don't have a problem with Hines getting 5 catches today and reaching 12,000 receiving yards for his career.

He finished with 5 catches for 30 yds., with a long of 12 yds. I wouldn't have been surprised if they had kept him in the game late just to see if they could get him a few more. I'm not surprised they didn't but it certainly wouldn't have been a huge shocker had they done so.

4 games left, 10 catches needed, basically get him 3 touches a game if you can and get this over with.

2nd String
    That seems to be a normal showing for him, regardless of a quest of a record. I think they used him usual. The hype over record is well, just a hype.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I dont think its hype, I think Ben and co. are going to make an effort to make sure Hines gets 1000

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

I have no doubt he will get it

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    I think they should help him as long as it doesn't compromise the game. He's been a class act thats put his team first.

If they dominate Browns (which they might), then just throw 10 screen passes to Hines and get this done with already.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Are people here annoyed that Ward is trying to get his record on his last season as a Steeler? I don't think Ward catches was in any was detrimental to the team's success today!
    We won the game, go have a beer or smthg...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    If they dominate Browns (which they might), then just throw 10 screen passes to Hines and get this done with already.
    I agree with throwing to him but please no more WR screens, we're flirting with disaster there. Teams are looking for that play and it is going to cost us .
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Are people here annoyed that Ward is trying to get his record on his last season as a Steeler? I don't think Ward catches was in any was detrimental to the team's success today!
    We won the game, go have a beer or smthg...
    No we want to see him get it he deserves it, he isn't complaining about it either, he has accepted his role, but the team was blowing the bengals out so they started to force feed him to help him reach that milstone, something i dont think anyone here has a problem with as long it doesnt effect the outcome of the game and today it didnt

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think they are annoyed by it, they just don't want to become a distraction because the Steelers have no margin for error.

I personally think it would be a travesty to see Hines finish out this year not getting the record. He's done enough for this franchise over the last decade + to get this last milestone award.

Thread Information