Thread: Woodley not likely to play against Browns

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Woodley not likely to play against Browns

There is very little chance that LaMarr Woodley will play against the Browns Sunday, and there is zero reason for the Steelers to suit up the outside linebacker in Cleveland.

Not if they want to get anything meaningful out of him for the playoffs.
    Approached before practice Wednesday, Woodley said he is ďday to day.Ē
    That is going to go down as the epitaph for the second half of his season.
    Not that it is any fault of or knock on Woodley, who hasnít played a full game since Oct. 23.

Thatís just the way hamstring injuries are much of the time. Woodley, with the stops and starts he has endured since going down while chasing after Tom Brady, can attest to that.

ďItís not going to be healed for the rest of the year,Ē Woodley said of his injured hamstring. ďRight now just try to be smart because not missing games is going to be big going into these playoffs.Ē

Here are three questions with Woodley, who is almost certain to miss Sundayís game as he focuses on returning for the playoffs:

Q: Is it a situation where you can rotate with Jason (Worilds) and be fresher for the fourth quarter?
    A: I never want to limit myself. You want to be good for every quarter, not just the fourth quarter because every quarter count. Whatever the coaches decide thatís what weíll do but if itís up to me Ií staying out there and playing the whole game.

Q: Do you have to limit your snaps?
    A: A lot of people didnít expect me to play that long coming off a hamstring injury (in San Francisco) but I did a great job going in coverage, rushing the quarterback. It just got a little fatigued and itís going to get fatigued because I havenít been getting many reps in there and you canít get those kind of reps in practice where youíre doing all of those different things. So we expect for that to happen.

Q: Can you still be effective when youíre not 100 percent?
    A:
    Yeah, I wasnít 100 percent the San Francisco and I went out there and played pretty good football. They werenít holding the ball a lot and I got back there to the quarterback a few times and not even 100 percent so I think yeah, Iíll be a lot effective.

From our friend, Scott Brown at the Trib

Woirlds should fill in fine
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    Woirlds should fill in fine
    ^against Cleveland only...we neeed woodley and harrison on field to win games in playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    ^against Cleveland only...we neeed woodley and harrison on field to win games in playoffs
    Obviously, lets hope they are ready for the playoffs. We definitely need the turnovers those two can generate.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    that is the point

My Mood
    Addicted
    Duhs. Rest any starter that isn't 100% in this game.

Waterboy

Woodley injury

what bothers me is that the injury was initially sustained when he did his stupid, selfish sack kick. go back & look at the tape & youll see what i mean; you can tell he tweaked it, and then fully strained it chasing tom the ******* later. im tired of all this bs celebrating over run of the mill sacks, catches, tackles. that crap should be reserved for BIG plays, scoring plays. one who i esp cant stand: santonio holmes when he makes an ordinary catch- he sticks the ball out and drops it to the turf. **** him!!!! i think hes great at times, but am sumwhat happy the steelers let him go. BUT- also gotta say- ill bet if we had him for last years sb- he prob wouldda caught a couple key passes & made it interesting at the end- instead of that feeble attempt we saw with wallace- who wasnt- and still isnt- a complete receiver.

I have a feeling he'll be lucky to be ready for the PO's...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    You can't blame his sack dance, side kick, thing really. Every player has some type of move they do. He's never had hamstring issues in the past, so there's no reason to think it was going to get injured in that game. It's just something that happens, but I do think he came back too early against the 49ers because he hasn't played since then.

Tomlin said he didn't have any setbacks but the fact that hasn't done anything in a game since then tells you it's still a significant issue.

If he's not ready for the first round of the playoffs then you might as well not count on him the rest of way that you continue to survive each week.

Thread Information