There is very little chance that LaMarr Woodley will play against the Browns Sunday, and there is zero reason for the Steelers to suit up the outside linebacker in Cleveland.

Not if they want to get anything meaningful out of him for the playoffs.
Approached before practice Wednesday, Woodley said he is ďday to day.Ē
That is going to go down as the epitaph for the second half of his season.
Not that it is any fault of or knock on Woodley, who hasnít played a full game since Oct. 23.

Thatís just the way hamstring injuries are much of the time. Woodley, with the stops and starts he has endured since going down while chasing after Tom Brady, can attest to that.

ďItís not going to be healed for the rest of the year,Ē Woodley said of his injured hamstring. ďRight now just try to be smart because not missing games is going to be big going into these playoffs.Ē

Here are three questions with Woodley, who is almost certain to miss Sundayís game as he focuses on returning for the playoffs:

Q: Is it a situation where you can rotate with Jason (Worilds) and be fresher for the fourth quarter?
A: I never want to limit myself. You want to be good for every quarter, not just the fourth quarter because every quarter count. Whatever the coaches decide thatís what weíll do but if itís up to me Ií staying out there and playing the whole game.

Q: Do you have to limit your snaps?
A: A lot of people didnít expect me to play that long coming off a hamstring injury (in San Francisco) but I did a great job going in coverage, rushing the quarterback. It just got a little fatigued and itís going to get fatigued because I havenít been getting many reps in there and you canít get those kind of reps in practice where youíre doing all of those different things. So we expect for that to happen.

Q: Can you still be effective when youíre not 100 percent?
A:
Yeah, I wasnít 100 percent the San Francisco and I went out there and played pretty good football. They werenít holding the ball a lot and I got back there to the quarterback a few times and not even 100 percent so I think yeah, Iíll be a lot effective.

From our friend, Scott Brown at the Trib