Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next up for the Steelers defense: Seneca Wallace?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Next up for the Steelers defense: Seneca Wallace?

Browns coach Pat Shurmer didn't completely rule out Colt McCoy for the season finale against the Steelers, in Cleveland. He said he'll be medically cleared to practice this week and they'll see how it goes.

If he doesn't go then Seneca Wallace; in the last 2 games he's played in his stats are as follows:

39-66 390 yds, 2 TD's. 1 INT.

Regardless of who plays the Steelers haven't exactly been facing stiff competition these last few weeks so you have to think the defense will be able to create turnovers and get some pressure on the Quarterback. In my opinion, there's no excuse not too at this point. Harrison is back, and Woodley figures to be able to give it a shot and if that happens then they could have a field day.

As long as the Steelers don't go back into their "let's make the opponent look like a pro bowler" all day they shouldn't have much of a problem.

Like McCoy, Wallace can scramble out of trouble. Steelers will need to make sure if he is going to run, it is to either side and not up the middle.

Browns will be loaded for bear for this game, and while that enthusiasm might only last a quarter or two, Steelers have to come out on a mission and put them away early.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The crowd will be going nuts, and be a factor for as long as the Steelers allow them to do so. If they start shutting down the Browns on offense and our offense can score some quick points to make them on dimensional they'll quiet down.

Wallace can definitely scramble so they'll have to do their homework and when Troy plays close to the line he'll have an eye on the QB.

My Mood
    Manic
    Ben's record in Ohio is awesome .So they can play anyone they want we won't lose if ben plays. I also feel like Ben should get some time so his timing is better in the wildcard game or the semi's

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The crowd will be going nuts, and be a factor for as long as the Steelers allow them to do so. If they start shutting down the Browns on offense and our offense can score some quick points to make them on dimensional they'll quiet down.

Wallace can definitely scramble so they'll have to do their homework and when Troy plays close to the line he'll have an eye on the QB.
    Factor in Harrison too, maybe he can make it 2 for 2 on Brownie QB's (no H2H though), I'm sure JH can and will make his presence known.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Browns coach Pat Shurmer didn't completely rule out Colt McCoy for the season finale against the Steelers, in Cleveland. He said he'll be medically cleared to practice this week and they'll see how it goes.

If he doesn't go then Seneca Wallace; in the last 2 games he's played in his stats are as follows:

39-66 390 yds, 2 TD's. 1 INT.

Regardless of who plays the Steelers haven't exactly been facing stiff competition these last few weeks so you have to think the defense will be able to create turnovers and get some pressure on the Quarterback. In my opinion, there's no excuse not too at this point. Harrison is back, and Woodley figures to be able to give it a shot and if that happens then they could have a field day.

As long as the Steelers don't go back into their "let's make the opponent look like a pro bowler" all day they shouldn't have much of a problem
    thats the problem you dont know which steelers team will show up any game day. one day its lights out the next we are hanging on by all our balls

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I find Wallace more worrisome than McCoy. He has the ability to scramble and throw on the run. I have seen him get really hot and play over his head. He is inconsistent to be sure, but he gets really streaky. Scary
    :logospin:

I say just take him out in the beginning of the game like we did to Carson Palmer a few years back on the first play and the Bengals has to put in John Kitna and we destroyed them.
    Jerome3236

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Just read today that he hasn't been medically cleared to play yet so it looks like it will be Seneca Wallace.

Bring it on, Wallace, McCoy, hell bring back Brian Sipe cuz the Steelers aren't losing this one.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Steelers need to do to the Browns exactly what they did to them a year ago to the day this coming Sunday in Cleveland in last year's season finale and that is come out early and often and destroy the Browns and jump all over them. Last year on January 2nd in Cleveland when the AFC North title and bye week and number 2 seed was on the line the Steelers came out with a purpose and jumped on the Browns early and took a 24-0 lead I believe early and never looked back. That would be a great way for this game to turn out on Sunday in Cleveland...

Thread Information