Angry Offense: 11th in yards, 20th in points

Why?

- 26 turnovers
    - Mediocre red-zone efficiency
    - Poor goal-line running
    - Untimely penalties
    - Only the Rams have a worse FG%

That's why.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Why?

- 26 turnovers
    - Mediocre red-zone efficiency
    - Poor goal-line running
    - Untimely penalties
    - Only the Rams have a worse FG%

That's why.
    why? BRUCE ARIANS IS OUR OC. THAT'S WHY. yes, i know he's not out there on the field BUT he's responsible for the gameplan and more importantly, ADJUSTING the gameplan when it doesn't work (has admitted in interviews to being against adjustments. todd graham syndrome, the gameplan is perfect, the players just don't execute it). his playcalling is ridiculously predictable, he goes away from what is working, etc, etc, etc.

a good indicator of how much BA sucks as a coordinator? just look at offensive rankings for every nfl team he was OC for:

01 clowns: 31st in yds, 25th in pts
    02 clowns: 23rd in yds, 19th in pts
    03 clowns: 26th in yds, 29th in pts
    07 steelers: 17th in yds, 9th in pts
    08 steelers: 22nd in yds, 20th in pts
    09 steelers: 7th in yds, 12th in pts
    10 steelers: 14th in yds, 12th in pts
    11 steelers: 11th in yds, 20th in pts

8 years, only once in the top 10 in yards and only once in the top 10 in points. and this year, having more talent than he's ever had and to be ranked 20th in points? his entire career as an offensive coordinator can be summed up perfectly in one word:

PATHETIC.......

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    It is frustrating to watch the Steelers have a lot of yardage that does not translate into points, that is how they end up in dog fights with inferior teams at times and lose games against better opposition. I believe the offense has to come up big in the post season, the days of relying on the defense to pull them out are over. I'm not saying they are a bad defense, I just think they need a little more support from the offense than they did in the past. I thought this was going to be the O's break out year where they would hold up their end of the bargain, it hasn't really turned out that way, hopefully they somehow get it together for a potent run in the playoffs. We'll see.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyVfromCT View Post
    why? BRUCE ARIANS IS OUR OC. THAT'S WHY. yes, i know he's not out there on the field BUT he's responsible for the gameplan and more importantly, ADJUSTING the gameplan when it doesn't work (has admitted in interviews to being against adjustments. todd graham syndrome, the gameplan is perfect, the players just don't execute it). his playcalling is ridiculously predictable, he goes away from what is working, etc, etc, etc.

a good indicator of how much BA sucks as a coordinator? just look at offensive rankings for every nfl team he was OC for:

01 clowns: 31st in yds, 25th in pts
    02 clowns: 23rd in yds, 19th in pts
    03 clowns: 26th in yds, 29th in pts
    07 steelers: 17th in yds, 9th in pts
    08 steelers: 22nd in yds, 20th in pts
    09 steelers: 7th in yds, 12th in pts
    10 steelers: 14th in yds, 12th in pts
    11 steelers: 11th in yds, 20th in pts

8 years, only once in the top 10 in yards and only once in the top 10 in points. and this year, having more talent than he's ever had and to be ranked 20th in points? his entire career as an offensive coordinator can be summed up perfectly in one word:

PATHETIC.......
    Imagine what we could do with a top five offense 16-0 would be my guess .The talent level we have on offense we should be near the top in output even our o-line isn't as bad as it performs

It's an offense designed to go from 20 to 20, but sucks red baboon a$$ in the red zone.

It's not the talent; it's the scheme. Nothing has changed over the years and teams get film of it and know how to defend it. Makes me wonder how long the Steelers are going to stick with Arians.

IMO, Norv Turner will be shown the door in SD, let Arians go and hire Turner. He is a **** poor HC, but a damn good OC. Ben and co would thrive in his offense.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Imagine what we could do with a top five offense 16-0 would be my guess .The talent level we have on offense we should be near the top in output even our o-line isn't as bad as it performs
    i have been singing this tune for three years. get an OC with an imagination and some real brain power, and we would be 16-0... ben would be elite.. our defense would be awesome and more rested in games. ben and the ol would have fewer injuries.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We all know Bruce has his short comings as a coordinator but it's also the injury factor and the players lack of execution. He's not out there tossing those interceptions or coughing up a fumble. He's also not out there dropping passing or missing blocks on the offensive line.

It's a combined effort for this team. If healthy, I would imagine those stats would be better. You figure though, when is the last time the offensive was really any good, or healthy for the majority of the season. It all starts and ends right there.

My Mood
    Manic
    I don't factor in injuries because we fill holes with the best of them

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    We all know Bruce has his short comings as a coordinator but it's also the injury factor and the players lack of execution. He's not out there tossing those interceptions or coughing up a fumble. He's also not out there dropping passing or missing blocks on the offensive line.

It's a combined effort for this team. If healthy, I would imagine those stats would be better. You figure though, when is the last time the offensive was really any good, or healthy for the majority of the season. It all starts and ends right there.
    But even when they don't turn the ball over, the offense still doesn't seem very smooth, and I do believe a lot of it has to do with the scheme and the play-calling.

I'd be in favor of giving Norv Turner a look as offensive coordinator too.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    The opener at Baltimore and the recent SF game are prime examples. We moved the ball well between the 20s and then imploded.

I am convinced Arians is done after this season. Change is imminent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information