I am watching the Saints playing the Falcons. Brees throws a crisp pass to a receiver on a cross route. The receiver has to jump to get the ball, and during the play a defender comes in and makes a tackle. During the tackle, there is helmet to helmet contact.

After the play, there is flag. But, get this, the call is Roughing? What in the heck? It was a clean textbook tackle, except for the helmet to helmet contact. There was no roughing? I am totally perplexed. Why would they call that "roughing" and not "helmet to helmet."

I think it was a good, solid tackle. What makes a bit worked up is that if that were Harrison I bet it would be called helmet to helmet. Anyway, can somebody explain that call to me?