Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batch to Start Against Rams

Bookmark and Share

Batch to Start Against Rams

http://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest

Good move

Charlie Batch will start at quarterback for the Steelers tomorrow, though Ben Roethlisberger may dress and serve as an emergency signal-caller.

Roethlisberger is listed as questionable for the 1 p.m. game against St. Louis, and he is one three Steelers starters that may not play against the Rams because of injuries.
    The Steelers have already ruled out Maurkice Pouncey, making it the second-straight game the Pro Bowl center misses because of a high-ankle sprain. Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley is listed as questionable because of a hamstring injury that has hampered him since the end of October.

Roethlisberger, who is nursing a high-ankle sprain, played the entire game last Monday night in San Francisco. He did not practice this week even though offense coordinator Bruce Arians said Thursday that Roethlisberger did not make his injured ankle worse by playing against the 49ers.

The Steelers, who have already clinched a playoff berth, have turned to Batch to lead them against a two-win Rams team that is in the midst of a five-game losing streak.
    Batch has played sparingly this season and did not complete either of his pass attempts. The Homestead native will make his seventh start since joining the Steelers in 2002 and third since last season. The Steelers went 1-1 in games that Batch started last season due to Roethlisberger's suspension.

In other injury news, wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders (foot), running back Mewelde Moore (knee) and cornerback Curtis Brown (knee) have been ruled out for tomorrow. Outside linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring) is questionable.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-23-2011 at 04:33 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Not surprising and the right move. Very curious to see what the decision is NEXT week.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Damn Id like to see Clay play but its kool. I hope Batch see's some time

--- Added 12/23/2011 at 12:39 PM ---

O ****, I got the bath's mixed up my bad

We should win by at least 10 regardless of who starts at QB. I'm just hoping China Doll can complete a few passes early and we can establish the passing game because you know they will crowd the box. My only Christmas wish besides peace on earth and goodwill toward men and all that crap is that Ben is near 100% come playoff time.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good. Batch would've never thrown those ints that Ben threw last Monday. Mosly because Batch can't throw that far....

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Damn, a management decision. Finally.

And their fans.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Batch is a game manager, all he has to do is be smart with the ball. Game planning for this game shouldn't be hard, establish a good running game, eat the clock, no turnovers and a relentless defense.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

And to think given the opportunity with a team that actually needed a QB, Dixon could have been a quality QB in this league? Now after all these years he's still lower down the pecking order than Charlie! Arians doesn't want him cus he'd have to think up some proper plays!

I really wanted to see Dixon. Replacing an immobile quarterback with accuracy issues with an immobile quarterback with accuracy issues? Alright.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Great old man Charlie....Here comes a loss to the Rams...lol

Thread Information