Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers still have an opportunity to win this division...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

The Steelers still have an opportunity to win this division...

As long as they take care of business against the Rams this week they will then force the Ravens to have to win that game in Cincy on New Years Day to close out the season. So while it's very frustrating that the Steelers blew a golden opportunity to control their own destiny and be the number 1 seed there is still going to be an opportunity to win this division if the Ravens fail to take care of business in Cincy. Its frustrating as hell because everything the Steelers needed to have happen Sunday to have a legit chance to get the 1 seed and win the division did and they failed miserably to take advantage of it and they can look back on this in the playoffs if they lose on the road as the main reason why they did because they failed to take advantage of the opportunity they had this weekend. But it's all water under the bridge at this point and the only thing the Steelers can do is win these last 2 games and hope that Baltimore slips against either the Browns or Bengals or either the Patriots or Texans lose at least one more game...

Agreed, they have a chance, and realistically, they should win out anyway. So all pressure will go to Baltimore to finish the job and I don't believe they will have a cake walk in Cincy unless the Bengals mail it in early.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I dont think the Ravens will have a cakewalk over the Browns this weekend either in Baltimore who have been playing much better the last few weeks. Baltimore will have to go to perfect in the division if they are going to win it at 6-0 and that isnt going to be easy at all...The game with the Bengals will have meaning to it for certain for Cincy so we have seen the Ravens **** the bed numerous times this year on the road and there is no reason they cant do it one more time...

My Mood
    Addicted
    No way. The Steelers had their chance to win the division when the Chargers beat the Ravens. No chance in hell the Ravens drop another game to the Bengals or Browns. No chance.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I'm not counting on anything with the Ravens at this point. They got dismantled in San Diego on Sunday night, which means they'll be out for blood this coming weekend. Assuming they win that game, the final contest at the Bengals is definitely a possible loss.

Both the Steelers and Ravens have shown an ability to be inconsistent and blow golden opportunities to get a strangle hold on the division. I take nothing for granted yet but at the same time you would like to think the Steelers chances of winning out are as good as anybody's even with Ben probably not playing on Christmas eve.

Maybe the Steelers get hot in the post season and find a way to win on the road, maybe they end up as the division winner, but either way we can be happy to see our boys playing in January yet again.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    No way. The Steelers had their chance to win the division when the Chargers beat the Ravens. No chance in hell the Ravens drop another game to the Bengals or Browns. No chance.
    Agree.

They opened the door once, the won't do it again.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I wouldnt say there is absolutely no chance. The Ravens can definitely lose to the Bengals who they have had problems with in Cincy the last few years with Flacco especially if the Bengals are playing for a wildcard spot which they definitely will be. Is it a great chance?? Not really but Im not going to totally rule out the Ravens losing to the Bengals just yet...

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I wouldnt say there is absolutely no chance. The Ravens can definitely lose to the Bengals who they have had problems with in Cincy the last few years with Flacco especially if the Bengals are playing for a wildcard spot which they definitely will be. Is it a great chance?? Not really but Im not going to totally rule out the Ravens losing to the Bengals just yet...
    Even if that's the case, we'd have to win out. Cleveland isn't a cake walk for us either and I suspect the Rams will give us fits as well. There is no indication we have it easy down the stretch except on paper.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I guess there is some point in being overly optimistic, but you won't get it from me. Like BR7 said, we had the opportunity and lost it. Ravens will not drop another game. Mark it down.

You have to take care of your own house first and that is beat the Rams the Browns. Baltimore can certainly drop 1 of those games. Except for against the Steelers, their level of play has been all over the map this year.

Thread Information