Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's time for LeBeau to retire.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

It's time for LeBeau to retire.

He has become stagnate and stubborn. Teams are 3 step dropping the Steelers to death, and DB is not doing anything new to stymie this.

BA sucks and hasn't done enough with Offensive game plan to score more points.

DB has to accept his portion of the blame for not coming up with the right adjustments to combat opposing Offenses in KEY situations within a game.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Teams are 3 step dropping all over the league. There's not a defense in the NFL that can get after a QB that drops back 2-3 steps and fires the ball. Even the most mediocre offensive line can block for a couple seconds.

They key for the Steelers defense this year is the rise of the secondary and how well they've played. That's what has kept us in many games this year. #1 against the pass is as much a credit to Carnell Lake and the players as it is to Lebeau.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    I really like what Lake has done to shore up the secondary. Now we just need to get our LB's healthy and make some plays.

I think we need to do press coverage like the pats game every game unless the other team has WR's that are really fast. Play press on the slower WR's and disrupt the QB's quick throws.

My Mood
    Addicted
    DL doesn't need to retire. The offense needs to be more consistent and score some points.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    DL doesn't need to retire. The offense needs to be more consistent and score some points.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Exactly they really only gave up 16 pts because they got a TD instead of a FG after that bs jumping penalty on Timmons. This offense is capable of scoring at least 20 pts a game.

#1 defense in the league or top 5 almost every year. Retire? no, but as offenses have adjusted and adapted over the years, I believe defenses should also be more willing to adapt as well. Defenses are limited though, because it is by nature an offensive friendly league.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    #1 defense in the league or top 5 almost every year. Retire? no, but as offenses have adjusted and adapted over the years, I believe defenses should also be more willing to adapt as well. Defenses are limited though, because it is by nature an offensive friendly league.

BINGO!

however, i do wish they would play more press coverage, especially against mediocre QB's like alex smith. force him to make a good throw in a tight window, or make him hold on to the ball a little longer and we could get more success against the pass.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

We better hope not!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Something I've noticed this year is that Ike Taylor is playing more press coverage than in years past. He may not have the interception stats, but he never has those. He's been left alone on the teams best WR one on one and if you watch he'll play a lot more press than in years past.

I've also seen Lewis and Gay play a bit more of it too. The 34 will never play press, tight, coverage all the time because it's designed to keep everything in front of you and not allow the big play.

Thread Information