Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realistically, will Ben be 100% in the playoffs?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    Ben will probably be hobbled for several more weeks at least, we will win the wild card round against the AFC west winner but I don't have any faith we will go farther then that this year.

I really won't be disappointed either, we can't go to the AFC champ game every year. Not a bad season, but just not enough production from our offense and too many injuries especially on our O-Line.

My Mood
    Manic
    The thing is we need to replace some players so i almost want to have a couple of 9 win seasons to restock
    rd1 burfict lb
    rd2 osemele og
    rd3 poe nt
    rd4 foles qb
    rd5 ryan og
    rd6 warford og
    rd7 guy ss
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 12-22-2011 at 06:02 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Realistically most of us picked this team to go anywhere from 10-6 to 12-4. Some said 13-3. I think over all anytime you can get a 10+ win season you are continuing to do things right.

The disheartening thing though is if you look at the Steelers schedule, they and the rest of the AFC North had a pretty easy go of it based on last years records. You expect to beat the teams that we beat but you also expect to atleast split the tougher opponents. This year though the Steelers haven't been able to do that which makes you question how they will respond on the road in the post season.

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers/PSU Fan View Post
    Ben will probably be hobbled for several more weeks at least, we will win the wild card round against the AFC west winner but I don't have any faith we will go farther then that this year.

I really won't be disappointed either, we can't go to the AFC champ game every year. Not a bad season, but just not enough production from our offense and too many injuries especially on our O-Line.
    I agree but I think with a healthy Ben we could have made a good run. Him being able to use his feet to make plays is the only thing that can offset our horrible o-line.

Texans, Jets, Raiders, Broncos... Of course in Steelers fashion it wouldn't have been easy but those teams don't really scare me. Ravens have beat us twice and it's almost impossible to beat a team 2 times in a season let alone 3. And we already beat the Pats but of course what I said before applies for us now but it could have been done.

But like I said in the og post, instead of getting Ben healthy for the playoffs and putting all our eggs in the 1st basket screwed us big time.

And I will be disappointed

Thread Information