Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhibit A for Firing Arians?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    I think probably the biggest reason he is still here is because Ben keeps saying he wants him to stay.
    The biggest reason he is here is because the head coach doesn't know how to lead a team or coach.

We suck on the road. Thats the thing. We play well at home. But on the road. DDDAAAYYYUUUMMMMM we arent good

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    There are plenty of us who have been screaming for BA's head for years. The sad part is, he calls a good game, once every 5-6 games and all is forgiven. Everyone pats him on the back, gives him props and the very next week, he fubars the game plan once again. Until the FO and Tomlin realize he's a detriment to our offense, BA will be here. One more thing.....Ben needs to quit cheerleading for BA!!!
    That's usually how it goes, the offense wins in spite of what the game plan is, not because of it. There are times when Bruce Arians has a great game plan set up, and is executed to perfection. When both of things happen the Steelers offense is unstoppable, literally. However the majority of the time one of those 2 things breaks down. Sometimes the players just have bad games, like Ben did the other night or other guys on offense.

Sometimes Arians out thinks himself and rather than going for the logical, well executed, game plan he'll try and do what they don't think is coming unless they might think it's coming then he'll do something else if they think that's coming but in the end he goes a totally different direction. Right?

I will admit injuries have played a part on the offense this year, but you have to be able to over come that. Sometimes they can, sometimes they cannot.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    BA sucks. Anyone can coach with no pressure on you. Its during the pressure situations that you are defined. Steelers redzone success is horrible.

That being said, the O-Line is the worst in football w/o Pouncey, and bottom 10 with him.

The Defense has had lapses in big spots this year despite their lofty ranking.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Would not be terribly surprised to see BA "retire" at end of season, regardless of how the team fares in the playoffs. He will have this option in order to save face, since he has toyed with the idea before.
    As I have demonstrated in past SA articles, under BA the Steelers have never developed into a top-tier offense. I think that under Wisenhunt they would have. My primary case against BA come down to one stat: lack of scoring. What else is really important besides the scoreboard?
    Stillers have been carried for years by a top-tier defense; the offense has scored enough to win, but often just barely.
    Despite all this: if the football gods favor the Steelers this year and they end up facing teams with sub-par defenses, they could win it all.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Sometimes Arians out thinks himself and rather than going for the logical, well executed, game plan he'll try and do what they don't think is coming unless they might think it's coming then he'll do something else if they think that's coming but in the end he goes a totally different direction. Right?

you mean like this?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eZmEiyTo0&feature=related
    [/MEDIA]
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information