Thread: I think I know why this loss is bugging me

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

I think I know why this loss is bugging me

As I said on the show last night, this loss has really deflated me more so than even the Baltimore losses and I've finally figured it out. My confidence in this team took a severe blow. Prior to this game, I really felt like we could go on the road and win anywhere, anytime. Now I know we weren't exactly at full strength on either side of the ball, but as Tomlin says, "the standard is the standard."

Had we lost a hard fought 10-3 game or 20-17 game I think I'd still have good vibes going into the playoffs, but not now. Denver suddenly worries me and no, not because of Jesus, Jr., but because of our health and our poor play on the road. I need to see something out of this team in the next 2 weeks to restore not only my confidence, but theirs as well.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

A Harbaugh beat us 3 times this year doesn't sit well for me!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    A Harbaugh beat us 3 times this year doesn't sit well for me!
    And did you see his comment that Seattle's defense is better than ours? What a douche.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Starter
    Typical Harbaugh. Either one of them ever says anything positive about the opposition. It always about themselves or they something snide or degrading. The Steelers may have had a bad game, but he knows that statement is not true. Just look at the stats.

I have to listen to his brother do the same over and over again. He has a spiteful, narcissistic personality (I live just outside of Baltimore).

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    And did you see his comment that Seattle's defense is better than ours? What a douche.

I hate to say it but he'd know. The niners D is $$$$$!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would say my confidence is still pretty high if by some chance the Steelers can get a home game. I like our chances at home under most circumstances. On the road though, whether it's because of the injuries, poor execution of the game plan, lack of a good game plan, or whatever the case may be, I'm not nearly as confident.

Normally the Steelers are road warriors, they band together, put on that "us against the world" uniform and run with it. This year though, for as great as Ben has played for the most part, the injuries have caught up with this team. If they don't get healthy and get healthy in the next 2 weeks it's going to be a quick out in January.

Anyone know greg lloyd's #? I think harbaugh needs a 90s throwback asswhooping. I see being a smug douchebag runs in the family........

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Our Defense has not been good this year. I hate to say anything good about Seattle, but their defense is far more aggressive with the front 7 then ours is. Its a fact, they get to the quarterback better and cause more Turnovers. We are playing scared with all the penalties. I just think that we are not living up to our standards on Defense or on Offense. Its been ho hum all year. Only against crappy teams have we been dominant. Our Pass defense has been decent all year, but it just hasn't seemed like Steeler defense
    against big physical teams. I haven't seen that smash mouth shut their mouth attitude that we expect.

Seattle 21 ints, 29 sacks, 8 rec fumbles, 400 rush attempt 3.7 avg, 4 def tds
    Pittsburgh 10 ints, 30 sacks, 4 rec fumbles, 348 rush attempt 3.8 avg, 1 def td

Just need to get Ben, Pouncey, and Sanders healthy. Ben has to able to scramble around, thats his game. Pouncey boosts the o-line and sanders adds another dimension of speed to wallace and brown. On defense just need to have everyone back. Everytime woodley returns Harrison is out and vice versa.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Besides the opening game the D has been fine. Especially considering all the injuries to key players (harrison, woodley). Lot of sacks sitting on the sideline too many weeks.
    If the O had done their job and scored instead of turning the ball over, San Fran would of seen how good the D can be.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thread Information