Thread: Rams will likely sit Sam Bradford for Steelers game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Rams will likely sit Sam Bradford for Steelers game

Seems to be a popular consensus that the Rams will sit down Sam Bradford for the Christmas eve game at Heinz. Even though he hasn't been officially ruled out it's not looking good for him and that high ankle sprain.

If he doesn't go then Kellen Clemmens gets the start. If the Steeler defense can't feast on that they can't feast on anybody!

St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford missed practice again on Tuesday. The second-year quarterback is still trying to get over the high ankle sprain that put a damper on his Rookie of the Year follow-up campaign. Reports have circulated since Sunday that the Rams will shut down Bradford for the season. So far, that has yet to happen.

Head coach Steve Spagnuolo called Bradford day-to-day after Tuesday's practice. According to the PD report, Bradford would like to test his ankle before the end of the week. The team is in no rush, however. Spagnuolo made it clear that they would not push Bradford.

As for Bradford himself, not being able to practice or play is wearing on him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers defense, in theory, will be out for blood. If I'm the Rams coach I think twice about putting him out there too.

I would be shocked if Bradford didn't say he wants to play, every QB who's worth anything wants to be on the field. One thing that does concern me though is the Steelers having a habit of making low tier QB's look like Joe Montana...

Seems like a great time to start our back up at QB as well. Rams rank 30th in offense, not looking past them but we need players healthy for the playoffs.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

BA ball, we'll score 10!

Can we sit our OC this game??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's no reason at all the Steelers should lose this game. If you do, you turn in your post season card and walk away with your tail between your legs.

Bradford or no Bradford, you have no business losing to the Rams. Don't give me that "they beat the Saints" either. A fluke win now and then means nothing in the grand scheme of things. The Rams have scored the least amount of points this year, last in the NFL on offense. You come out and just completely dominate this team from start to finish and leave no doubt.

Anything less and more questions are raised.

I expect to see the Steelers release their frustration on the rams. Clemens actuallly made some good throws last week but he wasn't facing our D.

Rookie Free Agent SteelCurtain1974's Avatar

My Social Networks

Follow SteelCurtain1974 On Twitter Add SteelCurtain1974 on Facebook Add SteelCurtain1974 on Google+
    There is no reason why we can't put up 30 on these guys with Batch!

I'd like to see an absolute blow out..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Hopefully it is a battle of the backups and the Steelers come out with a W. It would be nice to not only win, but rest a lot of starters while doing so.

Steelers won't have that luck, though. A team that rolls over most of the season will play one of their hardest games of the season.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'd love to see a blowout here as well, and maybe we do get one but I'm not counting on it. The Steelers just don't usually do that unfortunately.

Things could be different though, if you remember late last year they played the Panthers and just destroyed them. This might be a similar type of game, although without a healthy Ben we'll have to see. If the rest of the team steps up to help out whoever is going to play QB, then there's no reason we don't walk out of here with a win.

I suspect the Rams will try and run the ball with Jackson to take the pressure off Clemmens or Bradford and the Steelers will have their hands full with him.

Thread Information