Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Room for improvement?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    lack of a consistent pass rush and lack of turn overs......I'm not saying the defense has been bad and yes Harrison/Woodley missing games are a factor in the things I mentioned....I just think LeBeau's blitzes are stale and predictable......

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Here's a stat for you. 1-4 against playoff teams.

Teams are converting 39.8% of 3rd downs. 19th in the league. Teams are converting 66.7% of 4th downs. 2nd to last in the league

They have sacked the QB 30 times in 14 games. Tied for 19th. As a result, they have 14 total take aways. 2nd to last in the league.
    Last edited by Nolrog; 12-21-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    For those complaining about the defense, while I too have been disgusted from time to time, when you actually look at the numbers:

1st in the league in total YPG
    1st in the league in passing YPG
    6th in the league in rushing YPG
    2nd in the league in points allowed

how much better could this defense honestly be?
    Defense, for the most part has been B+ to A-, but Steelers could really stand to create more turnovers, and play more press coverage, since they appear to be blitzing less.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Its our offense..... It doesnt work well against a good defense. It cant score, cant control the clock, doesnt fool anyone. eventually our defense gives up points.

Quote Originally Posted by StillinBaltimore View Post
    Other then the Ravens... we have not given up more then 20 points all year! That is pretty impressive in a league where thinking too hard about challenging a play will get you flag... and most likely an automatic first down.

Side note..... is it just me or is everything but offsides an automatic first down these days?!
    I agree, they should rename "penalties" to "drive extenders."

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    Here's a stat for you. 1-4 against playoff teams.

Teams are converting 39.8% of 3rd downs. 19th in the league. Teams are converting 66.7% of 4th downs. 2nd to last in the league

They have sacked the QB 30 times in 14 games. Tied for 19th. As a result, they have 14 total take aways. 2nd to last in the league.
    2nd in the league in points allowed. Everything else is irrelevant. As others have said, the offense should learn to score 20+ consistently instead of waiting for the defense to help them score.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The weapons this team has on offense should be yielding at least 20+ points per game. I mean seriously, all the speed at WR, Heath Miller, Big Ben, there's no excuse to not have a high powered offense that can score at will. Except when you factor in an offensive line that can't stay healthy, a QB that can't get healthy, and wide receivers that keep getting hurt.

So yeah, this year if all things were aligned would be epic, however it's not panning out that way for the Steelers. They have a lot to overcome and prove yet.

Thread Information