Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers still have an opportunity to win this division...

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

Houston ?

has everyone forgot about Houston.....if (a Big IF) we do indeed win the division with a Raven loss.....Houston gets the 2 seed if they win out and they have an easy schedule...so the best we get is a 3 seed....BIG difference between 2 and 3...No bye and likely 2 road games after a home game against jets or more Likely bengals.....the only difference is wild card game at home...its not about winning division, its about 1 or 2 seed

last night sucked

My Mood
    Love
    Steelers would have been sittin pretty if Ben didn't throw the damn game away. They had their fair chances and shot them to hell. I guess they really didn't want to win. Oh well next game.

The question really is whether or not you actually wish to win the division title at this point. As already mentioned, we are not most likely looking at a 3rd seed which could be by teams like Jets, Bengals or Chargers. Neither team are pushovers and will play us hard. If we, however, get the 5th seed, we would most likely play Broncos (unless they suddenly stop winning games all together). We won't get a bye either way, so we may as well get the easiest team in the playoffs.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    has everyone forgot about Houston.....if (a Big IF) we do indeed win the division with a Raven loss.....Houston gets the 2 seed if they win out and they have an easy schedule...so the best we get is a 3 seed....BIG difference between 2 and 3...No bye and likely 2 road games after a home game against jets or more Likely bengals.....the only difference is wild card game at home...its not about winning division, its about 1 or 2 seed

last night sucked
    I got a feeling Houston is going to get upset by the Colts tomorrow night and if that happens and the Steelers win out and the Ravens lose in Cincy the last week the Steelers can still get that number 2 seed. Houston got smacked around at home against Carolina the other day and they dont have Andre Johnson playing and I still dont believe in Yates completely so I wouldnt completely dismiss them losing 1 more game this season which is all they need to happen to help the Steelers out...

Ben is sitting the next two games out, Chuck will start....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben said today he is no worse for wear after the 49ers game and he hopes to play. I still say get this dude some rest. It's not like you're throwing in the terrible towel by sitting him. You can still win without him and if you can't then you have bigger issues against a team like the rams.

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    We could possibly get 3rd. Ravens/Bengals in the last week and the Bengals are home. We all know how bad the Ravens have been on the road and the Bengals might need this game to get into the playoffs.

Lets see how the Bengals come out and play against the Cardinals this week. I'm not confident but we have a shot, anything can happen on Sunday.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    has everyone forgot about Houston.....if (a Big IF) we do indeed win the division with a Raven loss.....Houston gets the 2 seed if they win out and they have an easy schedule...

What happens in a 3-way tie? We would have beaten NE but lost to Texas. Head-to-head may not factor in. If NE finishes a game ahead, then it's moot because we lost to Texas.

It's an interesting discussion, but largely moot, since I don't think Baltimore is going to lose again.

Win the division? I am still sick from the fact we lost to a Haurbough THREE TIMES this season...

division...what division?
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Ben said today he is no worse for wear after the 49ers game and he hopes to play. I still say get this dude some rest. It's not like you're throwing in the terrible towel by sitting him. You can still win without him and if you can't then you have bigger issues against a team like the rams.
    If Ben wants to win championships then he should do what is best and let his backups take care of business until the playoffs arrive.

Thread Information