Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Steelers still have an opportunity to win this division...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I guess there is some point in being overly optimistic, but you won't get it from me. Like BR7 said, we had the opportunity and lost it. Ravens will not drop another game. Mark it down.
    Like BR said the Ravens opened the door once they wont do it again you can also reverse that and say the Ravens dodged a bullett as well this weekend losing and were very very fortunate the Steelers lost last night. They dodged a bullett this weekend if they lose in Cincy on New Years Day the odds are probably 95-100 percent that they wont dodge that bullet and the Steelers will take advantage this time and win the division...

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 03:06 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    Even if that's the case, we'd have to win out. Cleveland isn't a cake walk for us either and I suspect the Rams will give us fits as well. There is no indication we have it easy down the stretch except on paper.
    There will be no excuses what so ever for the Steelers to drop either game to the Rams or the Browns these final 2 weeks. Will both games be cakewalks?? Probably not but it still doesnt excuse the fact that the Steelers will have absolutely no business what so ever losing to either one of these teams which I dont expect them too...

If they lose either one of these game, then they truly don't belong in the playoffs.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Bengals fighting for a play-off spot will be a tough game......There is a chance of the Bengals beating the Ravens but I'm still pissed about last night and the Steelers blowing their chance to take control......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Isn't it annoying that once again we're counting on someone else to get the job done for us, when we had ample opportunities to get it done ourselves?

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Isn't it annoying that once again we're counting on someone else to get the job done for us, when we had ample opportunities to get it done ourselves?
    Yep....... I'm really not in the mood to discuss this team right now....lol They better flatten the Rams on Sat....lol

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    You have to take care of your own house first and that is beat the Rams the Browns. Baltimore can certainly drop 1 of those games. Except for against the Steelers, their level of play has been all over the map this year.
    Your right, but we've been all over the map as well.

I really thought this team had turned the corner after whipping the bengals. Granted it didn't help with Ben getting hurt but he was the only one hurt. No excuse for the rest of the team to play like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yep....... I'm really not in the mood to discuss this team right now....lol They better flatten the Rams on Sat....lol
    Don't hold your breath bro.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Steelers are already in the playoffs so technically, and I hate that word, the Steelers are playing with house money. Would have been nice to secure HFA throughout playoffs, but as wel all know, having HFA doesn't guarantee a trip to the Superbowl for this team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Bengals fighting for a play-off spot will be a tough game......There is a chance of the Bengals beating the Ravens but I'm still pissed about last night and the Steelers blowing their chance to take control......
    No doubt man, blowing that opportunity last night with everything that's happened this season just makes it all the worse. You have a chance to make amends for the missed opportunities you had before, to get on a roll and ensure your own home field destiny lies within your control. I had a bad feeling going into last night that it was going to be ugly but I didn't foresee 4 turnovers, what a disaster.

I'm not ready to hand the division to the ravens just yet, that Cincy game could be very interesting. They won't roll over and die like in years past.

My issue is can the Steelers take care of their own issues, get healthy and finish out strong? You'd like to think so but I can't stake my life on it by any stretch.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Blah
    Face it. The divison was lost last night.

Not out of the realm of possibility for Baltimore to lose, but highly unlikely.

We had very few cake walks this year.Please lets just get these guys healthy and ready to kick some fuc_king *** like we should be doing.g
    Last edited by North Steel; 12-20-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: wording

Thread Information