Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's cut to the chase, you sit Ben Roethlisberger vs the Rams

Bookmark and Share
    Call me crazy, but I don't see going into Cleveland as a cake walk, especially if Seneca Wallace plays. I hold Ben out this week, and play him in Clevaland. If/when the game is in hand, get him out of there and put in Batch or Dix so they can get some game experience.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Was thinking about this last night and I agree that Ben should not play vs the Rams, though I think he should dress. Run the ball 40+ times, throw Charlie or Dix in there are simply manage the game.

#5 seed is a foregone conclusion at this point, so plan for the playoffs and get people healthy. With the opportunity to control the AFC, Steelers had to play their best bet last night (Ben), but once the game was clearly not winnable, he should have been out of there.
    I wouldnt say it's a foregone conclusion just yet...The Steelers still can get the 3 seed or even the 2 seed so let's just play these last 2 weeks out and see what happens...As long as their is still a chance to win this division and get the bye week which there is Im not throwing in the towel yet on either one...

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 03:17 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Call me crazy, but I don't see going into Cleveland as a cake walk, especially if Seneca Wallace plays. I hold Ben out this week, and play him in Clevaland. If/when the game is in hand, get him out of there and put in Batch or Dix so they can get some game experience.
    Well hopefully the Browns give the Ravens all they can handle this weekend as well. I dont think that game is a cakewalk for the Ravens either...

I would rest him. No point in running the risk of injury. Hell, I'd rather come in as the sixth seed with a healthy Roethlisberger than try to fight only to prevent him from healing. A stationary, inaccurate Roethlisberger is just about useless.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Dress him this week. If Batch can't get anything going, bring him in.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I wouldnt say it's a foregone conclusion just yet...The Steelers still can get the 3 seed or even the 2 seed so let's just play these last 2 weeks out and see what happens...As long as their is still a chance to win this division and get the bye week which there is Im not throwing in the towel yet on either one...

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 03:17 PM ---

Well hopefully the Browns give the Ravens all they can handle this weekend as well. I dont think that game is a cakewalk for the Ravens either...
    SLightly off topic, but kudos to the NFL schedulers for having relevant games at the end of the season. Ravens should win out, but I can see them laying an egg once.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If you read Dejan's column this morning he makes a case for Ben playing this Saturday. While I can see his reasonings and can agree with them to a degree, I'm not ready to say he has to play and risk another further injury. Just because he's no worse for wear after Monday night doesn't mean he would be after Saturday.

Excerpt below, click on the link for the full article.

SAN FRANCISCO — Let's dispense with any nonsense right away: Ben Roethlisberger can play, should play and will play. He'll play Saturday against St. Louis. He'll play the following week in Cleveland. And he'll play in what now looks to be a wild-card game.
    He's the Steelers' most pivotal player, and, in case people aren't paying attention, his team hardly is pivoting toward dominance. These aren't the recent Colts, Saints, Packers or Steelers, for that matter, to be pondering going into sleep mode for a couple weeks, then suddenly awakening their inner giant when the alarm goes off. It's up to Roethlisberger to get these guys going and keep them going.
    He needs to be out there.

My Mood
    Love
    I can't stand watching the steelers play when ben starts throwing the football like a peewee football player. How can he not know he's better than that bs and make better throws? Sit his arse down and let him watch from the bench. We'll get by with Batch and Dixon.

My Mood
    Manic
    NO WAY PEDAL TO THE metal don't sit anyone win out and go in rolling I think what hurt us more than ben's bad whel was the 10 days off we play much better when we are on normal rest

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    He has to play, call him the heartbeat of the Steelers or whatever else, the Steelers need Ben playing to establish some kind if rhythm going into the playoffs. The whole offense needs these last 2 games to try and get in sync with each other. Hopefully this beat down by the 9ers is a wake up call.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

This Batch thing drives me crazy, its zero gain... hes 37..

Dixon needs to play....

Thread Information