Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ward's Last Home Game...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

Ward's Last Home Game...

It looks more and more possible that one of the great careers in Pittsburgh sports is coming to a close. Love him or hate him Hines Ward has given it everything he has had and more. Hopefully we can send him out properly with a win.

Thank you for some amazing memories Hines.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Get him his 9 catches!!

Rookie Free Agent
    for some reason i dont see him getting his 9 catches IMO

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerJay View Post
    for some reason i dont see him getting his 9 catches IMO
    Either do I...

Can anyone see him back next year as our 5th WR and put him back on special teams? Or is he just too slow to play specials?

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I say let Batch or Dixon use the first quarter to throw Ward 9 bubble screens.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

I have no doubt that they will force feed Ward the next two games with bubble screens. I say he has about 6 receptions this week and the rest next week.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Most of us feel like Ward's time is probably coming to an unfortunate end soon. He's had an amazing career coming from a rough background growing up, being a multi dimensional player at Georgia, to a storied Steelers & NFL career that would impress anyone who knows anything about sports.

That being said, it's not a guarantee that he retires after this season but it seems likely that he will. If he doesn't he'll be taking on even less of a role than he's been working under this season and for a guy who has as much pride in his game as Ward does, you have to think he probably wouldn't want to do that. Stranger things have happened though and if the Steelers don't make it back to the Super Bowl he may want to give it one more shot.

It's going to be very close for Ward to reach his 1000 receptions goal unless Bruce Arians makes & whoever Quarterbacks the Steelers this Saturday make a conscious effort to get him the ball against the Rams. I would say if he gets at least 4 catches this coming weekend then they'll really work to get him his 5 remaining in the Cleveland game. If he doesn't get any or only 1 this Saturday then I don't see them force feeding him the ball 7 or 8 times in 1 game to get him that record.

Regardless, this will be a game that you want to watch. Not so much for the epic powerhouse matchup, but because we may not see the great Hines Ward play inside Heinz Field ever again. It will be an honor for Steeler fans to witness.

Hines Ward has played 117 games in front of the home Pittsburgh crowd during his 14 years in the league.

Saturday against the Rams could very well be his last.

With Ward losing his starting job more than a month ago and falling as low as fifth on the depth chart, there is no guarantee that he will be back next year despite having two years left on a $22 million deal he signed in 2009.

"Nah, I don't even think like that," Ward said. "That thought hasn't even crossed my mind yet."

The thought of the Steelers without Ward has crossed the mind of Ben Roethlisberger, who has thrown Ward 41 of his 85 career regular-season touchdowns.
    "It is hard to think about that," Roethlisberger said. "Is this Hines' last year? I don't know, I don't think he knows. Nobody really knows. We all know that there is a chance it could be. It is a tough thing to think about and balance and talk to him about. We don't really know how to feel about it yet."

Ward, who holds nearly every Steelers receiving record, is nine catches away from becoming the eighth NFL player to reach 1,000 receptions.

However, he has only 11 over the past six games and has been shut out twice over that span.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-22-2011 at 12:14 AM.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Mca View Post
    I say let Batch or Dixon use the first quarter to throw Ward 9 bubble screens.
    Honestly, I love that idea.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Thanks Hines! Love ya bud!

At this point 9 catches is out of the question, especially with him getting NONE last night.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Maybe when it comes down to crunch time in the last game, the Browns will let Hines get his catches like that **** Farverervr did with Strahan for the sack record.

Thread Information