Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You can blame Ben or the D but it's really on the gameplan and play calling

Bookmark and Share
    You do know Harrison was suspended right?

This team was too thin to compete last night...

BUT, why were we playing so far off their WR's??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post

Harrison... who is that? I know we have that one player who plays hard... is that his name? Like I said... Woodley managed 7 or 8 sacks without James. They were missing their left tackle as well so that kinda evened the playing field. And like I said... the lose wasn't the D's fault. 20 points is more then enough to win a game and a 6 point lead in the third is hardly a mountain.
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

2nd String
    Yes sir.

I say if we are going to lose, they lose playing tight man on man, in your face D. Not this soft "bend don't break nonsense." I know it, you know it, the 49's know it, the fans at the game know it, my dead Aunt Millie knows it - on third down, against us, the other team is going to run a hook route to the sideline right at the first down marker.

If we are going to lose, do trying to kick their ***. Don't sit back and wait for them to win or lose, you take it or lose it. This team has changed. There is less cushion in a sofa factory.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post

Woodley is way less than 100%.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    Yes sir.

I say if we are going to lose, they lose playing tight man on man, in your face D. Not this soft "bend don't break nonsense." I know it, you know it, the 49's know it, the fans at the game know it, my dead Aunt Millie knows it - on third down, against us, the other team is going to run a hook route to the sideline right at the first down marker.
    hook route, how about 15 times in a row... maybe more. I was like screaming for someone to jump the WR. they never even tried to get the INT. i was calling the play every 3rd down. they couldnt? wow...

and fire arians. he kills our OL and then wears out our D. He sucks..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Second half should have been.. Dixon and a new game plan ready to go, they had 12 days to get a running QB game plan on the field. Hes been on the team for 4 years.. He must know something. Arians..If only if Leftwich was ok... then we would have played the backup.. pathetic

Ben should have been pulled after his second INT. we just fired them up more and more. then we leave him in the game in the 4th qtr down 17. wow... stubborn is not the word for this.
    Your post does a very nice job of summarizing the utter ineptitude of the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by StillinBaltimore View Post
    I'm going to lay the blame for this one, and all of our losses on the Offense. But I'll start with what upset me with the D.

NO PRESSURE! Woodley did his best Vanishing Teeth Shitzle impression. Last I checked he had done fine without Harrison on the other side. So no excuse there. Also, Alex Smith shits his pants whenever is first option isn't available, and I saw nothing but soft coverage and 4 man rushes all night. Mind boggling.

But either way... 20 points SHOULD NOT BE ENOUGH FOR A BLOWOUT WIN!!!!

And the reason that it became a blowout was that the defense had spent the entire game on the field. Just like our other 3 losses.

BA always talks about being on schedule with third and short.... so was are PLANNING on only getting 7 or 8 yards on the first and second downs every set of downs!? How about we attack their WEAKNESS every once and a while and get the yards we can take!? BA said it himself... we always end up attacking teams STRENGTHS. HE SAID THAT!

I don't have the answers but I know one thing fo sho... BA must go!
    Defense held them to 6 points for nearly 3 full quarters. The offense has to help the defense physically by giving them rest with long scoring drives, and mentally by putting points on the board and taking some pressure off of them. The offense did neither.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The game plan was supposed to be a lot of quick passes, short drops, shot gun formations, get the ball out. We saw fewer bubble screens than we have in over a month, Ben was dropping back and holding onto the ball way too long, and the short passes were not near frequent enough.

They did a lot of delayed draw type runs with Mendenhall where Ben would take the snap and then stand beside Rashard for a split second, hand it off, and let him go. I get that and it actually worked the majority of the time.

Under no circumstances should he have been dropping back waiting for plays down field to develop.

Rookie Free Agent StillersSound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    They did a lot of delayed draw type runs with Mendenhall where Ben would take the snap and then stand beside Rashard for a split second, hand it off, and let him go. I get that and it actually worked the majority of the time.

Under no circumstances should he have been dropping back waiting for plays down field to develop.
    I agree with the first part. It was either a a fluke 1st down or 2 yards and putting us in a hole. But where is Redman in a physical game like this or when they need just a yard?

And the o-line played great to start the game because they weren't blitzing and only bringing 3-4 and we didn't capitalize. When you can't do play action... Run, pass, pass isn't going to work.

I don't understand how this team can beat the Patriots and not implement that game plan into games like this. Pass heavy and stack the box, press their receivers. Alex Smith didn't play well enough to beat us with the deep ball. They aren't even a explosive offense.

Ben - 330 yards, 3 ints.
    Alex - 180 yards, 1 td.

^ that's on the play calling and game plan.

What did we say were the keys? Neutralize Frank Gore, CHECK! Take Ginn out of Special Teams, CHECK! Take care of the football (no turnovers) - NOT SO MUCH!

16 points on 4 turnovers aint gonna get it done.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    What did we say were the keys? Neutralize Frank Gore, CHECK! Take Ginn out of Special Teams, CHECK! Take care of the football (no turnovers) - NOT SO MUCH!

16 points on 4 turnovers aint gonna get it done.
    Second interception and the fumble were on the offensive line. On the second interception, it was a 3 man rush and the lineman still got knocked into Roethlisberger right when he released, which is why it sailed. The fumble the pocket completely collapsed like it so often does. The first interception was on Roethlisberger, and the 3rd INT was as pointless as a touchdown would've been. It was garbage time already.

Five years, and absolutely no visible improvements to the offensive line. I see Roethlisberger lasting another 5 years, maximum.

Thread Information