0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rank the AFC North for 2011

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Rank the AFC North for 2011

Let's see what everyone's thoughts are on how the AFC North will end up in 2011. I'll bookmark this thread and then we'll see how we all did once the season is over.

Honestly this race is once again between the Steelers and Ravens, I have zero doubt of that. Now, the Browns will be competitive, I see them going 8-8 and possibly being a spoiler late in the year. Remember the Steelers play the Browns twice late in the season which means that those games will be no gimme. There is nothing they like better than beating us, and considering their fans go crazy on the rare times they do beat our Steelers, I see them going full bore.

The season will be starting out on a high note in week 1 as we play the Ravens on the road. Whichever team wins will immediately have a leg up in the division. It's imperative that the Steelers start strong and get this win right outta the gate. Splitting this series is a distinct possibility but if the Steelers can steal one on the road on 9/11, I like their chances to really get on a roll during that first part of the season when most of the tough games are on the dockett.

The Bengals are a train wreck, if Cedric Benson goes down at all they might as well hang it up.

The most likely finishing scenarios are in the poll, I refuse to even consider putting the Bengals or Browns in as a possibility to win the AFC North, let's be realistic here!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-31-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Did you want us to include records or just order of finish?

I'm saying this right now: The Ravens DO NOT make the playoffs this year. I'm not sure if I want to pick the Browns to finish in second ahead of them or not but I'm considering it and I think the Browns beat us once this year as well (Hate to admit that but I do). I wrote a fairly detailed explanation of who and why we would lose to in the schedule discussion thread.

Anyway should we include records or just order?

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Acatually the bungholes are the worst but couldnt help putting the brownies in the basement

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nah no records, just explain your thoughts and vote in the poll. We can do a separate one for actual records then too if you want.

Ok go ahead and start voting, had to adjust the poll.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 08-31-2011 at 08:08 PM.

My Mood
    Clowns
    The Ravens needed to do 2 things to catch up to the Steelers and they didn't do either. The first was improve the pass blocking. Flacco has gotten killed against the Steelers every game.

The second was to improve the pass rush. No pass rushers were brought in with the exception of Kindle. You have to ask yourself are Kindle and Kruger legit pass rushers or just preseason stars?

A week 1 loss at home against the Steelers has a real impact on the Ravens winning the division. The Steelers look very similar to the team that made the Super Bowl last year but without the drama. A split or better for the Ravens I believe is an absolute must for them to win the division. If you're the Ravens you damn sure want to beat the Steelers at home. If we lose it will likely make the game in pitt an absolute must win. The Ravens have been on the road for last 3 years in the playoffs. A SB run this year for them of any sort I believe has to start with winning the division and that starts with taking care of the Steelers at home something they have failed to do in December the last two times the division title was on the line in both 2008 and 2010 last season. If the Ravens lose that opening game to the Steelers it will be an uphill battle all season long for them to try and secure the division and at least 1 playoff game at home. With all that being said, I love the Steelers in this division and it might not be that close. I really believe the Steelers have the potential and the talent to win potentially 13 or 14 games if Ben and everybody else stays healthy the majority of the season.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm always more confident at beating the Ravens at home, rather than in their house. I agree a split is an absolute minimum. This team is more than capable of going into Baltimore and getting a win but we all know how these games go, it almost always comes down to the last minute.

Both teams will be on the fast track early if they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Ravens needed to do 2 things to catch up to the Steelers and they didn't do either. The first was improve the pass blocking. Flacco has gotten killed against the Steelers every game.

The second was to improve the pass rush. No pass rushers were brought in with the exception of Kindle. You have to ask yourself are Kindle and Kruger legit pass rushers or just preseason stars?

A week 1 loss at home against the Steelers has a real impact on the Ravens winning the division. The Steelers look very similar to the team that made the Super Bowl last year but without the drama. A split or better for the Ravens I believe is an absolute must for them to win the division. If you're the Ravens you damn sure want to beat the Steelers at home. If we lose it will likely make the game in pitt an absolute must win. The Ravens have been on the road for last 3 years in the playoffs. A SB run this year for them of any sort I believe has to start with winning the division and that starts with taking care of the Steelers at home something they have failed to do in December the last two times the division title was on the line in both 2008 and 2010 last season. If the Ravens lose that opening game to the Steelers it will be an uphill battle all season long for them to try and secure the division and at least 1 playoff game at home. With all that being said, I love the Steelers in this division and it might not be that close. I really believe the Steelers have the potential and the talent to win potentially 13 or 14 games if Ben and everybody else stays healthy the majority of the season.

Not only did they NOT do the things you mentioned but they did not get measurably better after free agency and I think in regards to matching up against the Steelers they are worse than before free agency, think Todd Heap.

I think we beat them in both games this year and I think the Browns finish ahead of them in the division. They DON'T make the playofffs.

Steelers- 11-5 Div 5-1
    browns- 9-7 Div 3-3
    ravens- 7-9 Div 3-3
    bengals Who Cares

I am not super confident about the ravens finishing behind the browns but I am about us beating them twice and the browns will be much better this year than last.
    Last edited by STEELyourface; 09-01-2011 at 02:01 AM.

I just go with gut fealing and the little I know being in Canada and a Steeler fan for for some 32 years now .
    The ravens strive on beating The Steelers in the AFC north , but once again don't have what it takes .
    They don't have the confidence , which all starts from the QB position , Flacco just doesn't cut it .
    He will get memorized in the crutial moments near the end of a game vs the Steelers and get buried by our pass attack ,just like Polamalu did last year ,remember?
    The Ravens finish a close second place , the Browns 3rd and the Bengals suck this year and finish 4th .

PIMP

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by STEELyourface View Post
    Not only did they NOT do the things you mentioned but they did don't get measurably better after free agency and I think in regards to matching up against the Steelers they are worse than before free agency, think Todd Heap.

I think we beat them in both games this year and I think the Browns finish ahead of them in the division. They DON'T make the playofffs.

Steelers
    Browns
    Ravens
    Bengals

I am not super confident about the ravens finishing behind the browns but I am about us beating them twice and the browns will be much better this year than last.
    Have you gone bananas? Bengals are pretty much rock bottom and the Browns aren't high above that. 0% chance the Browns beat the Ravens in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Have you gone bananas? Bengals are pretty much rock bottom and the Browns aren't high above that. 0% chance the Browns beat the Ravens in the division.
    We'll see. I think you forget that they were very competitive in the second half of the season last year. Don't underestimate the effect Holmgren can have on a franchise, dude knows how to rebuild.

Steelers- 11-5 Div 5-1
    browns- 9-7 Div 3-3
    ravens- 7-9 Div 3-3
    bengals- Who Cares
    Last edited by STEELyourface; 09-01-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Thread Information