Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arians Abandoned Run Too Soon in Second Quarter

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

Arians Abandoned Run Too Soon in Second Quarter

I am not suggesting we be a running team but we were at least keeping the D honest with some runs. Then Arians went pass happy with 7-8 straight passes which got us nowhere because the Niners started teeing off. Arians must go.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I am not suggesting we be a running team but we were at least keeping the D honest with some runs. Then Arians went pass happy with 7-8 straight passes which got us nowhere because the Niners started teeing off. Arians must go.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    When the run is working then we go pass...When the pass is working then we go run......seems like when ever the offense is in sync and moving the ball BA goes away from whatever is working....Just stupid......Like after that Cotchery big gain......Pass is working and the Steelers are moving the ball with the pass....run on 1st and 10 at around the 30....stuffed and which leads to a 3rd and 10....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The frustrating part tonight for me was the predictability of the offense. Every time they hit a nice pass play for a first down they followed it up with a run play for no gain. That's something we have seen time and time again in the redzone this year and in years past but not something you usually see between the 20's.

This was something where the offense just couldn't get anything going consistently and the turnovers didn't help either. I would say maybe they should have stuck with the run a little early on to take the pressure off Ben but I suppose Arians though they could exploit the 49ers secondary more. In theory maybe that is the case when have your starting Center, Right Guard, and QB healthy.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hopefully Arians abandones the Steelers at the end of the season

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    I now see what the deal is. I had to pause the tv and zoom in 10000000%. Honestly, it explains it all. I suspected it for a while now and I think the other end of the headset is connected to a gatorade jug.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    As much as I want to bitch and complain tonight, that's pretty funny man!!!!

It's a hot topic on the post game show this evening, giving up on the run too early. It's almost like they felt the need to prove to the world that Ben could play and try and to fake out the 49ers by allowing Ben to throw more since he's hurt.

So we go up against a team that is #1 against the run, and we run the ball somewhat effectively but then give up on it for over a quarter and try to regain it later on with inconsistent results. Typical....

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    When Ben throws for over 300... and we aren't routing the other team... its a loss EVERY TIME!
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Hopefully Arians abandones the Steelers at the end of the season
    I love it! lolololololol

My Mood
    Doubtful
    NEWS FLASH!!!! The high-powered Bruce Arians' offensive machine now ranks lower in points-per-game than TEBOW!!!!!!!
    STEELSPIKES

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    BA doesn't have a football imagination. He has no clue as to the flow of the game, how to get into one, recognize that the offense is in a rhythm and keeping it going. He's predictable, pathetic and he's killin the offense.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information