Thread: It's Time to Start Questioning Tomlin

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

It's Time to Start Questioning Tomlin

I have been a Tomlin supporter with reservation and now I am convinced this team has won in spite of him. I dont want to hear about our injuries or suspensions or how good SF was. His clock mgmt is brutal and his game preparation continues to confound. Yup. We have 10 games but I believe thats more on the players than Tomlin. Horrible performance tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I have been a Tomlin supporter with reservation and now I am convinced this team has won in spite of him. I dont want to hear about our injuries or suspensions or how good SF was. His clock mgmt is brutal and his game preparation continues to confound. Yup. We have 10 games but I believe thats more on the players than Tomlin. Horrible performance tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk
    I would say yes...Some things I like about Mikey T......other things drive me crazy.....You touched on what drives me crazy......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    That game was laughable. Does tomlin not have any balls? Can't even tell his own QB and his playoff hope to sit down on the bench. Early or late in the game, take your pick.

Banned
    I've never been a fan, as a matter of fact, as most know me on here, I've been an adamant opponent. I have mentioned this before, and I mean no offense by the statement as I myself am not Anglo nor in any way a bigot or racist, but I do feel with the strongest of conviction that Tomlin was hired because he was black. The Rooneys felt they had to stand behind the rule named after them and so they actively sought to hire a black head coach. He was never the most qualified at the time he was hired, and there still remains other coaches out there that would excel with Roethlisberger and this defense.

What is most troubling is that I feel for the same reason that Tomlin was hired, it will take a long time before he gets fired.

--- Added 12/19/2011 at 11:42 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    We have to credit the 49ers defense, they aren't #1 in the league or top 5 in every major category for nothing.
    It may not be for nothing, but it certainly isn't because they are that good. One look at their schedule reveals a lot of the mystery behind how they are 11-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Clock management tonight before the half was on Ben
    Clock management is always on the head coach. The head coach should always know what time it is, and he can always call timeout.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I've never been a fan, as a matter of fact, as most know me on here, I've been an adamant opponent. I have mentioned this before, and I mean no offense by the statement as I myself am not Anglo nor in any way a bigot or racist, but I do feel with the strongest of conviction that Tomlin was hired because he was black. The Rooneys felt they had to stand behind the rule named after them and so they actively sought to hire a black head coach. He was never the most qualified at the time he was hired, and there still remains other coaches out there that would excel with Roethlisberger and this defense.
    Yeah, I'll bet you have "lots of black friends too," right? So, let's see if I have this right. The Rooneys would knowingly hire someone who they knew was less qualified than another candidate they interviewed and in so doing, mortgage the future success of the franchise for YEARS just to prove a point and live up to a rule that carries their namesake? Not only are you a bigot, you're also a blithering idiot.

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 02:50 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    What you remember is Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Kent Graham, and Neil O'Donnell. The fact that Cowher would consistently win and even make it into the postseason with those quarterbacks is a testament to how amazing of a head coach he was. Give Tomlin any one of the other quarterbacks that Cowher had to deal with and he won't win more than 4 or 5 games.
    Why the fukk didn't he ever draft someone better then? Cowher got outcoached PLENTY of times.
    Last edited by steelers75; 12-20-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I thought Ben moved the ball well in the no BA, I mean no huddle. I thought the clock management at hlf sucked, not sure if it was ben or Mike!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We have to credit the 49ers defense, they aren't #1 in the league or top 5 in every major category for nothing.

Having said that, the clock management of Tomlin has always been questionable at best. Anytime you get close to halftime the offense seems to go into stupid mode with dumb penalties, poor clock management, and missed opportunities.

Some of that goes on Ben as well, he needs to make quicker decisions in the pocket and snap the ball quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

Having said that, the clock management of Tomlin has always been questionable at best. Anytime you get close to halftime the offense seems to go into stupid mode with dumb penalties, poor clock management, and missed opportunities.

Some of that goes on Ben as well, he needs to make quicker decisions in the pocket and snap the ball quicker.
    BRC imo i think that was the problem,is that he had to get rid of the ball to quick.it was obvious he had no mobility and thats not his style.I don't think you can play if your too preoccupied with your injury.

His clock mgmt. has never been great,but Ben had to play a game he is not used to at all. He is used to extending the play not make the quick decision game.
    Also give 9er D some credit,they had the benefit of playing with a long field behind them for most of the night.They made the STEELERS drive the field and not make mistakes, which is something the STEELER D likes to do.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Not gonna start bashing Tomlin yet... but his challenges are pretty bad. Not all the time but sometimes, Ben kinda squats on the field during situations trying to make plays. Like last night and at the half a couple weeks ago.

What I will say is this....

I work with a guy who worked with BA at Temple. My friend said that he was in over his head AT TEMPLE!

The only thing that I will fault Tomlin with is NOT FIRING BA AT THE END OF THIS SEASON!
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

Thread Information