Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stadium's blackouts cue conspiracy talk

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Love

Stadium's blackouts cue conspiracy talk

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp14337

James Harrison thought the lights went out at Candlestick Park on Monday night because he wasn't in the building for such a big game. His teammate, Ryan Clark, thinks the lights went out precisely because it was a big game. (Cue "X-Files" music.)

[Related: Biggest stadium mishaps in recent history]

The Pittsburgh Steelers safety told the San Francisco Chronicle that he believed Monday night's double power outage was planned by civic leaders or team officials to highlight the inadequacy of the 51-year-old stadium. Earlier this week, Santa Clara's city council endorsed a deal to approve funds for a new stadium, provided the NFL contributes at least $150 million.

"I just feel like San Francisco took a big stage to show the NFL and to show the state of California that they needed a new stadium," said Clark, who is also probably a big fan of those moon landing hoax specials on the Discovery Channel. "I think it was a very strategic move and Candlestick may be no more very soon."

Whether or not it would come down in a controlled demolition, Clark didn't say.

Seriously, he just needs to stfu. Just more bulletin board for steeler haters to bash on us about

My Mood
    Manic
    I lived in california and there are some scandleous people in the government out there he's probably not to far from the truth

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp14337

James Harrison thought the lights went out at Candlestick Park on Monday night because he wasn't in the building for such a big game. His teammate, Ryan Clark, thinks the lights went out precisely because it was a big game. (Cue "X-Files" music.)

[Related: Biggest stadium mishaps in recent history]

The Pittsburgh Steelers safety told the San Francisco Chronicle that he believed Monday night's double power outage was planned by civic leaders or team officials to highlight the inadequacy of the 51-year-old stadium. Earlier this week, Santa Clara's city council endorsed a deal to approve funds for a new stadium, provided the NFL contributes at least $150 million.

"I just feel like San Francisco took a big stage to show the NFL and to show the state of California that they needed a new stadium," said Clark, who is also probably a big fan of those moon landing hoax specials on the Discovery Channel. "I think it was a very strategic move and Candlestick may be no more very soon."

Whether or not it would come down in a controlled demolition, Clark didn't say.

All X-files aside... that was the first thing that popped in my head when it happened! Would you put it past a hargaough?
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

A blackout and no Steeler fan sidled up behind Arians and suffocated him! jeez!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was listening to cooler talk after the game like I always do and some dude who said he was a Steelers fan called in and told Joe Bendel that he thought the 49ers planned to screw up the Steelers on national TV

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    A blackout and no Steeler fan sidled up behind Arians and suffocated him! jeez!
    You have shamed us all for our lack of vigilance. Hit hurts but someone had to point it out. I applaud you! lmao
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

I just wish while it was dark in there someone would of kidnapped Arians!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I just wish while it was dark in there someone would of kidnapped Arians!
    Well they kind of did.....SOMEONE stole the correct play book and ran off like a thief in the night.....hence HORRIBLE play calling!!!! Just sayin............

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    Well they kind of did.....SOMEONE stole the correct play book and ran off like a thief in the night.....hence HORRIBLE play calling!!!! Just sayin............
    That's the only light bulb going off that effected the team...

Thread Information