Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Start Questioning Tomlin

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    I was merely pointing out Bill's high octane sideline demeanor, not his coaching ability!

As you pointed out he was far from perfect, but at least he looked like he cared!
    You must've loved Chuck Noll, then. He was about as deadpan as it got. And he could coach circles around Cowher and Tomlin put together. The fire and spittle stuff isn't what won ball games.

My quibble withMikes sideline presence is minor compared to his actual coaching qualities. Hope is not lost - he just needs to step up, these mistakes are beginning to irritate.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Hey I'm white and I think Bruce Arians sucks. My issues with Tomlin are "why do we still have Arians"?, Why can't he address the offensive line? Its been bad for 5 years! Poor clock management and wasted timeouts. Reviewing bad challenges and ignoring good ones.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelers75 View Post
    Keep playing semantics all you want. Doesn't change the fact that your "Tomlin is a Token" argument is idiotic and completely fukking ignorant, along with being COMPLETELY off base.
    Hey Coach Omar Epps, stop joining forums just to pull the race card in a desperate attempt to deter negative opinions away from your absolutely pathetic coaching abilities. Shut the f#%K up, sign off the forum, and go prepare for the playoffs like you prepared so well for other games against competitive teams like the 49ers and Baltimore. You were definitely hired because of your race, but now at least try to take advantage of the opportunity before you end up like Herm Edwards. And stop being a f#%ing moron who thinks that the words bigot and racist can be used interchangeably.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Hey guys, take a deep breath and relax. We are all here to debate any issue we want to but let's do it without all the name calling.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Hey guys, take a deep breath and relax. We are all here to debate any issue we want to but let's do it without all the name calling.
    I apologize. I stated my honest opinion (Tomlin was hired as a statement by the Rooneys because of the rule that is named after them). That is how I feel, and how I've always felt. Someone joined the forum just to call me a bigot in response to my opinion, after first implying that I'm a racist. Troy Polamalu is my favorite player, so maybe I'm a Samoan who feels Samoans are superior to all other races?

Once again, I apologize for reducing myself to name-calling. I won't engage with him anymore.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    I apologize as well.

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 09:03 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I apologize. I stated my honest opinion (Tomlin was hired as a statement by the Rooneys because of the rule that is named after them). That is how I feel, and how I've always felt. Someone joined the forum just to call me a bigot in response to my opinion, after first implying that I'm a racist. Troy Polamalu is my favorite player, so maybe I'm a Samoan who feels Samoans are superior to all other races?

Once again, I apologize for reducing myself to name-calling. I won't engage with him anymore.
    My apologies. You're entitled to your opinion. Happy holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    What you remember is Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Kent Graham, and Neil O'Donnell. The fact that Cowher would consistently win and even make it into the postseason with those quarterbacks is a testament to how amazing of a head coach he was. Give Tomlin any one of the other quarterbacks that Cowher had to deal with and he won't win more than 4 or 5 games.
    Are you saying Tomlin is an average Coach? I guess you know better than the Roonies then. How about making a change at the Defensive coordinator where you've got someone that the whole Freakin league has figured out. Let go Dick Lebeau or make a transition to a successor on Defense.

Tomlin should've put his foot down and told Ben that he was not going to play. I konw its a sin to talk bad about Ben.

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 09:27 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    I have always been concerned with Tomlin. He has absolutely zero awareness when it comes to strategic clock management and the game plans he allows from his coordinators are usually questionable.

I don't look at him as a bad head coach, but I consider him to be more of a motivator of men than strategic mastermind.
    I agree, he needs to get his act together, and I LOVE Tomlin, believe me. I am just frustrated with the loss as many people here. To bring the race card to this discussion is something a true Steeler fan should never ever do. This is NOT New york, its Pittsburgh.

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 09:33 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by StillinBaltimore View Post
    Not gonna start bashing Tomlin yet... but his challenges are pretty bad. Not all the time but sometimes, Ben kinda squats on the field during situations trying to make plays. Like last night and at the half a couple weeks ago.

What I will say is this....

I work with a guy who worked with BA at Temple. My friend said that he was in over his head AT TEMPLE!

The only thing that I will fault Tomlin with is NOT FIRING BA AT THE END OF THIS SEASON!
    Tomlin needs to fire BA after the season is over!!!! I am talking out of frustration, but this needs to be done so we can see if Ben can learn any new tricks!

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 09:39 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by UKSTEELER View Post
    Tomlin is learning on the job and he appears to be a slow learner!

He's far too lightweight and needs to man up and start making some decisions.

He's handicapped by a QB that tries to hard without engaging his brain, a QB that rates BA???? Handicapped by BA a co-ordinator with a hidden agenda and shallow gameplans!

He's handicapped by Dick and his band of over the hill favourites that he is too scared to question.

Mike is even doing a pretty poor job of things he can influence, challenges, clock management et al.

He seems to have very little presence on the sideline, compared to Cowher!!

Needs to man up, not beyond him, getting rid of BA is vital - otherwise all this offensive talent is going to be worth ****!!
    I actually went back and read this whole thread... THIS IS THE BEST responce I've read in this pathetic thread.. Thank you!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I have been a Tomlin supporter with reservation and now I am convinced this team has won in spite of him. I dont want to hear about our injuries or suspensions or how good SF was. His clock mgmt is brutal and his game preparation continues to confound. Yup. We have 10 games but I believe thats more on the players than Tomlin. Horrible performance tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Great post. I've said all along that Tomlin is simply an articulate "coach speak" motivator at best. He's not very skilled in the art of X's and O's type of coaching.

I like the fact that Tomlin is always accountable for mistakes during his pressers, but what I would REALLY like is fewer mistakes to have to be accountable for.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We lost gang, move on... The niners are a good team, we wern't...
    ^ wow brilliant.....so I must agree Tomlin shouldn't be fired for losing to a top 3 team on the road without pro bowl Center, LB , Woodley 1/2 strength, and injured QB ....those are BIG injuries....and think How many teams wish they had our problems

On Cowher, i wonder how he would have done with (a) Big Ben coming out of college in 1992....???? Cowher never had a QB and won a lot of games immedietely after a decade of mediocrity...

The Rooneys have done a great job..

Thread Information