Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Start Questioning Tomlin

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I find it sad that this has turned into a bit of a debate on Coach Tomlin's race. The man has done some excellent things as our coach. My point is that there seem to be things that he struggles with and is unwilling or is unable to change and they are hurting this team.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I`m fine with Tomlin! Another double digit win season, still a contender.We went to the West Coast, a little banged up, and lost a game that we actually had a chance to win. Ben had the offesne moving on the first two picks. Then later he fumbled in thier territory. A healthy Ben maybe a different outcome? Also still not crazy about the play calling, in the first half Ben had more time than Ive seen him have in a long time, still should have been dinking and dunking trying to move the ball, I thought he was looking to deep to throw especially on the second pick!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Tomlin, Dick, Bruce were all out coached badly, give props to Harbaugh and his crew they did an outstanding job, as did their players, see sucking for so long has paid off for them with some great 1st round picks!

Our team was just too badly beat up going into this game to hang, no big deal we are locked into the PO's, couple more games to play, I'd have to rest Ben and a few others. I can see Bmore losing away at Cinci, if not then so be it, we'll just roll with what we got!

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    A healthy team, field goal kicker and serious intelligent play calling could easily have won this. SF defense was only a factor because of Ben and few key players not being in the mix last night. Frankly the coaching staff had their heads in the sand (read up their a..) and refused to act according to the situation at hand. I sure as hell ain't impressed with MT's game management last night. Not the worst performance I've ever seen with the Steelers but, it gets added to the list. My analysis is completely contrary to this morning's talking heads of course. What else is new? Eh. MOO.
    Last edited by RIVERS OF STEEL; 12-20-2011 at 08:46 AM.

And their fans.

Rookie Free Agent StillinBaltimore's Avatar
    Not gonna start bashing Tomlin yet... but his challenges are pretty bad. Not all the time but sometimes, Ben kinda squats on the field during situations trying to make plays. Like last night and at the half a couple weeks ago.

What I will say is this....

I work with a guy who worked with BA at Temple. My friend said that he was in over his head AT TEMPLE!

The only thing that I will fault Tomlin with is NOT FIRING BA AT THE END OF THIS SEASON!
    Not a life-long Stiller. But my kids and their kids will have their first Terrible Towel on the day they are born.

"Hey #16!!! I'm coming for you and he can't stop me!!!"- James Harrison- Before the play he strip sacked Matt Cassel

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    A healthy team, field goal kicker and serious intelligent play calling could easily have won this.
    Yeah well...no $hit. A healthy team and intelligent play calling could have won every game we lost this season. Maybe with the exception of the second Ravens game (maybe), every other game we have lost this season we were significantly out coached. Not out played, out coached. That's annoying.

My Mood
    Doubtful
    Steeler Offense has been over-hyped all year. TV announcers are amazed at Wallace's speed and Arians' genius (sic).
    Let's look at the record. Against top defenses this year: Batltimore, Houston, and San Fran, the awesome Steeler O is averaging an amazing 10 ****ing points per game!
    Our defense is among the best when healthy. But 10 points per game ain't gonna get it done unless you get a defensive score.
    Last night was pathetic; I am glad I turned off when score went to 20-3. Tomlin reportedly wanted to pull Ben, but Ben insisted he stay in. Who is coaching this team????
    STEELSPIKES

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTORKRAFT View Post
    The o'line sucks every year, not Tomlins fault. Bruce Arians has a job every year, not Tomlins fault. No back up Q.B.'s , not Tomlins fault. The kicker can't be trusted to kick a fieldgoal, not Tomlins fault. Roethlisberger is left in the game to long (risking injury), not Tomlins fault. Getting out coached every other week, not Tomlins fault. Mendenhall gets hit helmet to helmet at the goal line (Browns Game) and is left in the game, not Tomlins fault. Will it be his fault when the Steelers are so completly deplited that they go 4-12 ? I have been against Tomlin since day 1 and I believe I will be right in the end. I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by steelers75 View Post
    Yeah, I'll bet you have "lots of black friends too," right? So, let's see if I have this right. The Rooneys would knowingly hire someone who they knew was less qualified than another candidate they interviewed and in so doing, mortgage the future success of the franchise for YEARS just to prove a point and live up to a rule that carries their namesake? Not only are you a bigot, you're also a blithering idiot.

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 02:50 AM ---
    I didn't say I had any black friends, now did I? And the reason I didn't say whether or not I have any black friends is because it has nothing to do with my opinion. They absolutely hired someone to coach the team who was less qualified to prove a point, and they haven't been the only team to do it.

The only blithering idiot is the person who doesn't know the difference between a bigot and a racist and just throws the words around when he can't take a dose of reality. Stop spending so much time getting offended on forums and go educate yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by steelers75 View Post
    Why the fukk didn't he ever draft someone better then? Cowher got outcoached PLENTY of times.
    He didn't draft anyone better because he still managed to always finish with a good record despite the $hit quarterbacks that he had, so he never had high draft picks. When he finally ended up with a high first round pick after a rare losing season, we ended up with a pro-bowl quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    I find it sad that this has turned into a bit of a debate on Coach Tomlin's race. The man has done some excellent things as our coach. My point is that there seem to be things that he struggles with and is unwilling or is unable to change and they are hurting this team.
    The Rooney rule states that front offices HAVE TO interview black head coaches. The Rooneys own the Pittsburgh Steelers. Anyone who thinks that Whisenhunt and others out there weren't more qualified than Tomlin, then they are not being honest with themselves. Even Herm Edwards was more qualified than Tomlin. Tomlin was a nobody. It was a statement hiring, not one based on credentials. He won one Superbowl with Cowher's team. Once Cowher's personnel slowly fades away, we'll finally start losing more games like we should and then maybe we'll get a qualified head coach.
    Last edited by NYCsteelersfan; 12-20-2011 at 01:00 PM.

Clock management? OC questions? Injuries and who is playing and when? Head coaching questions? All Nonsense.

WHY WAS OUR FRANCHISE QB, OUR FUTURE, PERMITTED TO TAKE THE FIELD LAST NIGHT?
    WHAT WAS GAINED? MORE TO THE POINT, WHAT COULD WE'VE LOST?

Classic case of risk reward management failure. They teach this stuff everywhere and I suggest we get our entire management team, not just coach, into the next class locally.

Two minutes to go in the game. The opposing D is keying on our franchise, literally, in a game we can no longer win. We have the playoffs coming and our 100 million dollar man is not stopped from gimping out onto the field? Unforgivable
    Last edited by Dobre Shunka; 12-20-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    The only blithering idiot is the person who doesn't know the difference between a bigot and a racist and just throws the words around when he can't take a dose of reality. Stop spending so much time getting offended on forums and go educate yourself.
    Here's some "reality" for you. The notion of the Rooneys taking a candidate solely due to race and willingly mortgaging years of the team's future by doing so is beyond retarded. They stand to LOSE money if they field an inferior product, and the team already has one of the thinnest margins in the league. You're the one who needs educated, not me.

Thread Information