Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Time to Start Questioning Tomlin

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ben has grown as a pocket QB........The Pats game, and really since that game the Steelers have used the short passing game more.....Sure Ben still extends plays and takes his shots down field but Ben is just fine when he is asked to use the short passing game......

Ben did fine with it at first ,it seemed like he was actually going to do ok with it.BUT late in the game when we were down by a bunch he seemed to want to try and revert back to extending the play ,i.e. holding onto the ball too long...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Yes, Tomlin clock management has left a little to be desired, but don't blame Tomlin for everything. Didn't Cowher suck for a while? before he finally oooh won the SB in 2005. Tomlin doesn't call plays on offense and he doesn't throw interceptions.

He'll get better as a coach, lets not start tearing the HC. lets start with the OC
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Yes, Tomlin clock management has left a little to be desired, but don't blame Tomlin for everything. Didn't Cowher suck for a while? before he finally oooh won the SB in 2005. Tomlin doesn't call plays on offense and he doesn't throw interceptions.

He'll get better as a coach, lets not start tearing the HC. lets start with the OC
    Well the HC should've gotten rid of the OC a good 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Well the HC should've gotten rid of the OC a good 2 years ago.
    Fine, but Tomlin will grow from this. Bill cowher was baaad for years, I remember.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    Fine, but Tomlin will grow from this. Bill cowher was baaad for years, I remember.
    What you remember is Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Kent Graham, and Neil O'Donnell. The fact that Cowher would consistently win and even make it into the postseason with those quarterbacks is a testament to how amazing of a head coach he was. Give Tomlin any one of the other quarterbacks that Cowher had to deal with and he won't win more than 4 or 5 games.

It's never Tomlins fault

The o'line sucks every year, not Tomlins fault. Bruce Arians has a job every year, not Tomlins fault. No back up Q.B.'s , not Tomlins fault. The kicker can't be trusted to kick a fieldgoal, not Tomlins fault. Roethlisberger is left in the game to long (risking injury), not Tomlins fault. Getting out coached every other week, not Tomlins fault. Mendenhall gets hit helmet to helmet at the goal line (Browns Game) and is left in the game, not Tomlins fault. Will it be his fault when the Steelers are so completly deplited that they go 4-12 ? I have been against Tomlin since day 1 and I believe I will be right in the end. I hope I am wrong.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I've never been a fan, as a matter of fact, as most know me on here, I've been an adamant opponent. I have mentioned this before, and I mean no offense by the statement as I myself am not Anglo nor in any way a bigot or racist, but I do feel with the strongest of conviction that Tomlin was hired because he was black. The Rooneys felt they had to stand behind the rule named after them and so they actively sought to hire a black head coach. He was never the most qualified at the time he was hired, and there still remains other coaches out there that would excel with Roethlisberger and this defense.
    Yeah, I'll bet you have "lots of black friends too," right? So, let's see if I have this right. The Rooneys would knowingly hire someone who they knew was less qualified than another candidate they interviewed and in so doing, mortgage the future success of the franchise for YEARS just to prove a point and live up to a rule that carries their namesake? Not only are you a bigot, you're also a blithering idiot.

--- Added 12/20/2011 at 02:50 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    What you remember is Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Kent Graham, and Neil O'Donnell. The fact that Cowher would consistently win and even make it into the postseason with those quarterbacks is a testament to how amazing of a head coach he was. Give Tomlin any one of the other quarterbacks that Cowher had to deal with and he won't win more than 4 or 5 games.
    Why the fukk didn't he ever draft someone better then? Cowher got outcoached PLENTY of times.
    Last edited by steelers75; 12-20-2011 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by North Steel View Post
    BRC imo i think that was the problem,is that he had to get rid of the ball to quick.it was obvious he had no mobility and thats not his style.I don't think you can play if your too preoccupied with your injury.
    Arians cant game plan for Dixon. we needed the speed out there. i said vick had 417 yards against them. pass and run like vick. we have cunningham, but arians has no clue what to do with him..

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    Clock management tonight before the half was on Ben
    Yes and no. With 2 TOs left, Tomlin did not need to take the first one when he did. That was really what set the whole thing up for failure. Ben certainly didn't help.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information