Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offensive line was a disaster on Monday night.

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

O-line

I thought Legursky actually did a descent job especially with all the no huddle and all the shotgun formation.. But I thought Starks looked horrible! Smith kicked his ***! And very disappointed overall in our run blocking.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

been a Steeler fan for 42 years and this is hard to say but each year the offensive line gets, worse, and worse, and worse! And of course during draft day they will go after another linebacker

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    been a Steeler fan for 42 years and this is hard to say but each year the offensive line gets, worse, and worse, and worse! And of course during draft day they will go after another linebacker
    we cant win on the road....that includes 'WINS' at KC and Indy....so now is it 3 on the road FML

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Offensive line was a disaster on Monday night.

Offensive line was owned in just about every way tonight. There was little to be happy about with the left side of the line especially. Credit the 49ers defensive front 7, they played a great game but blame the Steelers line too for really just flat out bad play. Tunch Iklin and Bill Hilgrove talked about it tonight just before the Tomlin post game presser. This was a night that as an offensive lineman you just want to forget about. Go home, watch the film and put it behind you. Chalk it up to a bad night, try and fix what's wrong and don't dwell on it.

Max Starks had probably his worst night since he returned to the team earlier this year. He was routinely blown up or out played by the Smith's on the 49ers defense.

Doug Legursky wasn't the worst in the first half but he certainly was blown up in the 2nd half more often than not.

Trai Essex gave no help to anyone as the pressure came in from his side all night long.

If there was ever a question as to how much Maurkice Pouncey means to this team it should have been answered this year if not already from last years super bowl. The Steelers are going to have to get these guys healthy for the post season or it will be a short lived run.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-20-2011 at 01:12 AM.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    I thought Legursky actually did a descent job especially with all the no huddle and all the shotgun formation.. But I thought Starks looked horrible! Smith kicked his ***! And very disappointed overall in our run blocking.
    Legursky got blown up quite a few times. If this is how it's gonna be, we will be one and done.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    spoke to soon!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Until this offensive line gets healthy and can stay together for more than 2 weeks at a time without changing out personnel, we are going to continue to have problems.

Even the calming presence of Max Starks isn't enough to fix every issue when Pouncey is not in the game. Losing him causes you to switch up to spots on the offensive line. That has got to stop. This team needs to figure out a way to find an offensive guard that doesn't need to come out of the game every time our Center leaves with an injury.

Legursky is not your full time guard, but he is a very versatile replacement for just about everyone. If they don't gett his line fixed for 2012 things are never going to change.

Honestly, I'm not too worried about the oline, the unit as a whole is so much better with Pouncey. The whole damn team is banged up and the niners tasted the blood in the water and came out fighting... We were like the fat kid at the bus stop getting poked and picked on until finally having his lunch money stolen..

We'll bounce back, don't get too down on this team!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    same ole story... week in week out, hell year in year out
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Hey peeps. This same O line gotta play the shittiest team in the NFL in just a couple a days. Think they gonna get rested and not more injuries?

And their fans.

Thread Information