Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why was Ben still in when the game is in hand?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    I have no problem Ben playing in the game, he was our only chance to win. But once the game was at hand, not sure why he wasn't pulled. Imagine if Ben further injured his ankle in the final minutes when the game was essentially over.

I simply don't understand why our hurt, one legged, franchise QB was out on that field in the condition he was in w/ 2 minutes left in which he could have been really injured? He is our future, franchise, and budget for the foreseeable future and he wasn't even able to get up off the field unassisted. It was painful to watch and according to some, even more painful to be playing against him. Now that's an embarrassment.

You can spin it any which way but the buck always stops w/ the coach. The risk far out weighed the reward, at that point in the game, and that's an understatement of how disastrous it could have been.

C'Mon Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Of course it would....lol But still. Once they were down 3 scores and not a lot if time left Ben should have been pulled. At the very least he shouldn't have been in there for the last possession.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers/PSU Fan View Post
    I have no problem Ben playing in the game, he was our only chance to win. But once the game was at hand, not sure why he wasn't pulled. Imagine if Ben further injured his ankle in the final minutes when the game was essentially over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobre Shunka View Post
    I simply don't understand why our hurt, one legged, franchise QB was out on that field in the condition he was in w/ 2 minutes left in which he could have been really injured? He is our future, franchise, and budget for the foreseeable future and he wasn't even able to get up off the field unassisted. It was painful to watch and according to some, even more painful to be playing against him. Now that's an embarrassment.

You can spin it any which way but the buck always stops w/ the coach. The risk far out weighed the reward, at that point in the game, and that's an understatement of how disastrous it could have been.

C'Mon Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I agree guys, he should have been pulled out of the game instead of staying in to risk further injury. That's on both Tomlin and Ben. Ben has nothing to prove to the other 52 guys on that team, he should've came out when Tomlin asked him to. Tomlin should not have asked him to come out, he should have ordered him out. It is what it is.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information