Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why was Ben still in when the game is in hand?

Bookmark and Share
    Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny

Why was Ben still in when the game is in hand?

If ben was to get hurt even more then Tomlin should be suspended! Alot of ppl thought maybe he should have been pulled in the first half, but he did throw better in the second half. Still you cant win, but we sure could lose if he was to be injured even more. Three picks and a fumble!!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't blame Tomlin for keeping Ben in the game in the 2nd half. The Steelers were only down by 6 points and came out with a big stop to star the 2nd half.

Now late in the 4th quarter when he was getting pounded play after play and it was 20-3; I could see making a case for pulling him. Tomlin will say that they were not going to give up, there was still a lot of time left. If Ben can play then he will play.

However, there would have been no shame in pulling Ben at that point. You still run your offense as you would but knowing the offensive line couldn't stop the pass rush and Ben can't run away from the pressure, I would have liked to see him on the sidelines. In the end he didn't hurt himself anymore so they dodged a bullet.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Tomlin didn't keep Ben in the game. Ben kept Ben in the game.

My Mood
    Horny
    I didnt want him pulled until we couldnt come back...down 20-3 and they were getting better, and Ben was getting beaten, he should have been out! and no reason to play saturday

--- Added 12/19/2011 at 11:32 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Tomlin didn't keep Ben in the game. Ben kept Ben in the game.
    BS! Tomlin makes that call!

i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Ben wasn't still in to feed the ball to his former star wide out and former super bowl mvp. So no idea why he was still in
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    BS! Tomlin makes that call!
    Were you watching the game? Tomlin definitely told Ben to take a seat. Ben ran on to the field with his helmet on at the start of each series. Not much a head coach can do about that. There are a lot of things you can blame Tomlin for in this game. That is not one of them.

My Mood
    Horny
    Were you watching the game? Tomlin definitely told Ben to take a seat. Ben ran on to the field with his helmet on at the start of each series. Not much a head coach can do about that. There are a lot of things you can blame Tomlin for in this game. That is not one of them.
    Yes I was watching the game Eve! Thankl you! As usual your opinion is the only that counts! Tomlin is the head coach it should have been decided before we got the ball back way before that Ben wasnt going back in! Batch should have been warming up as soon as there were 7 minutes to and we were down 17

i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Yes I was watching the game Eve! Thankl you! As usual your opinion is the only that counts! Tomlin is the head coach it should have been decided before we got the ball back way before that Ben wasnt going back in! Batch should have been warming up as soon as there were 7 minutes to and we were down 17
    I'll say again..I highly doubt Tomlin was pushing Ben to go back in the game. Ben is not a 7 year old playing in a pee wee league. He's a multi million dollar quarterback in the NFL. If he wants back in the game, he's going back in the game. What Tomlin says doesn't matter.

My Mood
    Horny
    I'll say again..I highly doubt Tomlin was pushing Ben to go back in the game. Ben is not a 7 year old playing in a pee wee league. He's a multi million dollar quarterback in the NFL. If he wants back in the game, he's going back in the game. What Tomlin says doesn't matter.
    BS!

i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Tomlin said in his press conference today, which by the way we'll have the full audio posted up this afternoon, that he never considered pulling Ben in that game.

When asked if he felt Ben was ready to go and if his health would be good enough to be an asset to the offense he said basically that he talked to Ben and didn't want to deny him the opportunity to compete.

Now here's where I have a bit of a problem. You are the head coach, that means making the tough decisions. Just because a player says they want to play, you don't always give in. Nobody in the world can question Ben's toughness but since being mobile is such a big part of his game, you're putting him and the offense at a disadvantage by leaving him out there. There's no disgrace in pulling him late in the game when the pass rush is at a fever pitch. You bring in Batch, let him try and do something or better yet bring in Dixon and let him atleast try and make some plays with his legs.

I understand that it's Big Ben we're talking about here. He gives you the best chance to win and this was a big game, one that if Ben doesn't play your chances of winning are diminished. I fully supported Ben starting in this game, no question about it. However late in the 4th quarter when things are falling apart and the pass rush is coming at you like crazy, I would have pulled him and let someone else finish out the night.

What I'm getting at here is that Tomlin at some point needs to pull the trigger with Ben in these situations and get him out. He does it with Troy, Woodley, and others who are hurt. Ben may be "the man" but he's still you're player.

Thread Information