Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Change As HC

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday133 View Post
    you out of town fans didn't fund the stadium, so while you have an opinion, its not what is best for western PA.
    wht bout the stadium tax?

dont out of town people help to pay for the stadiums ne time they buy a taxable item?

ok i don't have facts to back this up, but to me it would make sense. the steelers are the main tenet at heinz field. should they ever want to change the field i would think they would need to ask the sports and exhibition authority. as i said with the steelers being the main tenet i don't think it would be a problem abiding by the steelers wishes.
    Last edited by Friday133; 01-20-2007 at 10:41 PM.

and on the high school and PITT stuff, my whole point is those things are not going to change. no use in getting all bent out of shape regarding those programs.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I for one think it's great the local schools get to play there. But at the same time someone needs to step up and say enough is enough when it comes to the condition of the field. It has was pretty bad at times this year. Matt put up some picks from the Ravens game on Christmas Eve and the field looked terrible.

Waterboy
    I like heinz field the way it is. it may not look the best but it gives me the old style feel to football that goes along nicely with the smash mouth additude.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiosteelfan20 View Post
    I like heinz field the way it is. it may not look the best but it gives me the old style feel to football that goes along nicely with the smash mouth additude.
    Same here. The last thing I want is fake grass inside a climate cotroled stadium. Give me mud and the elements, thats real football.
    We played on grass and dirt from Pop Warner to high school and they can play on it as Pro's.

My Mood
    Addicted
    When I talk about fixing the field I don't mean getting rid of the grass and dirt. Just something so players aren't slipping all over the place when the ground is dry. Sometimes it just looks like the stuff just slides out from under them on this field. I'd just like to see something a little more sturdy with all the use this field gets during football season.

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

As much as I hate to use the Pathetic Patsies...........They did put in a new turf because the one they had looked like buffalo grazed there. They got that same fake grass as Detriot and it looks very nice. As far as Pitt and the high schools using the field. Friday is right. The venue is a tax supported stadium and nothing will be done without a vote of the taxpayers since they are the ones who will be paying for it. Not the Rooneys. In fact I clearly remember the Rooneys using the media to plead their case to the taxpayers. Shortly after Pittsburgh's mayor & Allegheny County Commissioners announced a financing blue print for the new Steeler football stadium, the new ball park (PNC) and the expanded convention center and plans to raze TRS. So it would seem to me that since the taxpayers are the ones paying the bills, they would also be the ones to decide if Heinz Field gets new turf or not.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Technically the Rooney's have the ultimate say as to who uses the stadium since they put up the bulk of the money among other reasons. If they wanted to make it just a Steelers / Panthers stadium they could eaisly do it and they should. The high school teams not playing there wouldnt solve the issue but it sure wouldnt hurt !

As far as the Panthers go, that would be something that probably will never happen and just continues to **** me off. Today's college players are as big as the NFL guys and that field is taking about a 20 game pounding between August and December if you include the preseason for both teams, and that's not even counting when we make the playoffs. I just hate seeing all the money wasted every year on new grass that doesnt work !!!!

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I would lower the price of hotdogs!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information