Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Would You Change As HC

Bookmark and Share

What Would You Change As HC

I for one would get Field Turf i mean look at how bad are turf was this year it look like crap and wont get any better. + i am not sure we need cheerleaders or not. to me the cheerleaders are the men and women who get drunk in the stands chanting the steelers song. BUT there are a few Roster moves i would want ..

1 Cut the punter and get a new 1 better ACC/Pow

2.Get rid of are backup QB Batch and move prairy up..

3.When draft comes up get a whole NEW oline but keep a few key players...

4.Get rid of anyone who is just wasting cap room and draft some good new players perfered rookies. and let this team grow with exp. The best team is a young team with fire...

NOW GO STEELERS 2007

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I for one would get Field Turf i mean look at how bad are turf was this year it look like crap and wont get any better. + i am not sure we need cheerleaders or not. to me the cheerleaders are the men and women who get drunk in the stands chanting the steelers song. BUT there are a few Roster moves i would want ..

I agree about the Field turf.
    No cheerleaders

1 Cut the punter and get a new 1 better ACC/Pow

Barr is already signed and will most likely take the Punting job this year from Gardocki

2.Get rid of are backup QB Batch and move prairy up..

No way we get rid of Batch. He's a great backup, relatively inexpensive to our cap, and a good veteran to have on the team.

3.When draft comes up get a whole NEW oline but keep a few key players...

We don't need a whole new OL.

Marvel Smith
    Alan Faneca
    Okobi
    Chris Kemoeatu
    Willie Colon or Max Starks

All guys we currently have on the roster. Hartings should retire, Kendall Simmons sux, Starks needs to pick up his game. We do need to draft some depth though this year, atleast 2 OL players.

4.Get rid of anyone who is just wasting cap room and draft some good new players perfered rookies. and let this team grow with exp. The best team is a young team with fire...

Anyone just wasting cap room is a matter of opinion because every one of us on this site could give you reasons why we should or shouldn't keep certain players.

Just my

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    No Cheerleaders for me! My sister in law was a pro cheerleader for Atlanta for six years, and I did take advantage of th eperks, filed passes and such. But I`m there for the game. Thats like to different forms of entertainment, and I love looking at half naked women. but I`m paying my money for the PITTSBURGH STEELERS. You cant hear them anyway, All I want to hear is HERE WE GO STEELERS!

The turf, I`m all for grass, but limit who else plays on it! We want our field to look good.

I want my players to walk through the early tailgating. What better way to have public relations? I want them to get to Heinz a half hour early and walk through, shake some hands and get pyshed up with the fans for the fans. See what this game means to the fans and to the city.

I also want rookies to live with veteran role models for a week when they first get to town. DB`s stay with Troy, Linemen with Alan, wr with Hines. Show them what it means to be a role model.

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Having players walk through early morning tailgating would be a cool idea, I would love it..however I don't see them doing it though because they'd be mobbed with autographs and potential unruely rival fans

Agree with TG's Point's,,,,

No Cheerleaders ,,,,,,,,,,,Like TG said our O-LINE will be fine
    Could use another Line backer since Porter will probably be moving on
    I'd also like to see them pick up a good DB

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yes, we need either a good DB or someone who can get to the QB. A good pass rusher would take care of any secondary problems we may have.

House of Steel
    I would definitely upgrade Heinz Field to Grass. The Pitt Panthers and High Schools would have to pay a fee to use Heinz Field to pay a part of the turf replacements.

With the upcoming draft, I would at least draft a couple of OL, a MLB, ROLB in case Porter was to leave free agency after this season, a punter in the fifth round. We do need insurance WR and ST in case we have another case of the Reid Syndrome.

I would also like to have a few more fan appreciation days at Heinz Field with giving away grand prizes like season tickets, a paid away game package, autographed jersey and such.

this whole grass/field turf and who plays on the field annoys the hell out of me. first for the filed itself, the rooney's have stated numerous times they are not going to get rid of the natural grass they have currently. i believe its called DD master.

as for PITT, they are a joint tenet with the steelers they aren't leaving heinz field anytime soon, nor should they have to pay to use the stadium. the rooney's don't own heinz field, the county's sports and exposition authority does. and for the high schools they should play on the field. the TAX PAYERS funded the stadium, local people like me, so the local schools should use the field. you out of town fans didn't fund the stadium, so while you have an opinion, its not what is best for western PA.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree that the area schools should be able to use the field but I don't think you should just count out the out of town people as not helping pay for it in some way. They bring in a lot of money to the area when they go to games. Hotel, food, tickets to game, buying stuff at the game, site seeing just to name a few things.

And these two statements you made do not make sense.

the rooney's have stated numerous times they are not going to get rid of the natural grass they have currently
    the rooney's don't own heinz field, the county's sports and exposition authority does
    So who does have the final say on changing the field surface?

House of Steel
    I was just about to post that, myself. That right there is cancelling each other out. I think the Rooney's have the final say.

Thread Information