Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrison thinks the Browns should be punished.

Bookmark and Share

Harrison thinks the Browns should be punished.

STEELERS' HARRISON: PENALIZE BROWNS FOR LETTING MCCOY RETURN

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison believes the Cleveland Browns should be disciplined by the NFL for how they handled the aftermath of Harrison's helmet-to-helmet hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy .

Harrison practiced Wednesday for the first time since being suspended one game for his collision with McCoy on Dec. 8.

Harrison says he understands the hit was illegal but wondered why the Browns let McCoy return to the game so quickly despite the severity of the collision. The 2008 NFL Defensive Player of the Year says if he was suspended, the Browns should also face penalties from the league.

Harrison adds he doesn't believe he'll have to change his playing style to be effective and thinks he's done a good job playing within the rules over the last year.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

--- Added 12/21/2011 at 04:09 PM ---

Personally I think he should keep quiet..
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-22-2011 at 01:01 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    For such a big scary guy Harrison sure sounds like quite the little bitch sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    For such a big scary guy Harrison sure sounds like quite the little bitch sometimes.
    You said it not me, lol

My Mood
    Manic
    He's not bitchin he's right the Browns endangered McCoy more the Harrison did and they won't be punished because the commish works for the owners

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    He has a valid point. The Browns coaching staff has already come out and said that their medical staff on the sidelines didn't see the hit McCoy took. Well the coaching staff and anyone else on the sideline did. Once a player gets hit like that it doesn't matter if he's showing concussion like symptoms or not, that player needs to be tested. Cleveland failed to do this and showed a total disregard for player safety. They should be fined or reprimanded somehow. Goodell preaches player safety, he should be having someone's head on a platter over it (I know, won't happen).

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Legit point, considering the severity of his punishment for the hit.

Curious to see, if Elvis gets fined for the helmet to chest hit on Brady last week.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Cleveland failed to do this and showed a total disregard for player safety. They should be fined or reprimanded somehow. Goodell preaches player safety, he should be having someone's head on a platter over it (I know, won't happen).
    You must be wrong about that, to quote Goodell, " our main concern is player safety".
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Starter
    Ignorance is no excuse for breaking rules. I agree with you all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    He has a valid point. The Browns coaching staff has already come out and said that their medical staff on the sidelines didn't see the hit McCoy took. Well the coaching staff and anyone else on the sideline did. Once a player gets hit like that it doesn't matter if he's showing concussion like symptoms or not, that player needs to be tested. Cleveland failed to do this and showed a total disregard for player safety. They should be fined or reprimanded somehow. Goodell preaches player safety, he should be having someone's head on a platter over it (I know, won't happen).

Harrison should say whatever the hell he wants . WHY? he played well this year, in fact, he played his tail off when Fat Woodley was out. Wait, Woodley is out again.

Harisson, say what's on your mind man as there are not too many players like you on that team...
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post

Hey steelersbabex25? I see you met my James Harrison fathead.

Thread Information