Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So when Harrison says it its bad but when Ray Ray does not??

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Chatty

So when Harrison says it its bad but when Ray Ray does not??

I was looking at an article where Ray Lewis went helmet to helmet on Hines and he also comments he wont' stop playing the way he does yet when Harrison does it it's considered him trying to hurt a player on purpose....hell Ray doesn't get a flag on that call.....We HAVE to get another commissioner in there...Crapell is a joke to the NFL and he's ruining it!

Quote from Lewis:
    Yeah, I heard from the league and like I said they fined me whatever they was going to fine me,” Lewis said. “The thing is you definitely respect them trying to protect player safety. At the same time, it won’t change not one way I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can’t stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play. When the receiver has the ball, your job is to disengage him from the ball. You never want to hurt nobody. I’ve been in this business too long. I just think once you start getting into these fines I don’t know how they come up with the numbers most of the time.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-hines-ward/

What about the hit on Heath??? I thought he was dead on that one.....suspension??? Heath missed what 2 games?????

So I want to know what EXACTLY warrants a suspension or fine??? Suh most definately earned that suspension by stomping on the packer placer and this was not his first offense either but how can you suspend FOOTBALL PLAY????????????

This man is ruining the league....Ben gets his nose broke, concussions, slammed to the ground we are lucky to get a roughing the passer call on him.....

Now the coachers and physicians let McCoy out there and the media and *** clown Florio talk so much crap about the Steelers lying about Troy's concussion yet they put McCoy back in after a tackle! Looking at this hit again...McCoy was running out of the pocket with the ball...how is Harrison suppose to hit him, ...with his head jacked up in the hair..I see he does lower his head slightly and.he hit the bottom corner of his helmet (chin area) and not like he launched hit entire body at him....I dont' know..its just amazing how no one really knows anymore how they are suppose to tackle a player....IF Ben was hit like that and i know he has been before to the refs and NFL blindeyes there would be no consequences...NO matter what as soon as Harrison came toward him...Goodell was sitting in his lazy boy with eyes gazed thinking "OH BOY OH BOY IM GONNA BE ABLE TO FINE/SUSPEND THIS GUY"

Shame on the NFL here:
    Ed Hochuli’s officiating crew erred when not spotting that McCoy was glassy-eyed like the video cameras captured during the game telecast. So did the NFL “observer” who is specifically assigned by the league to call the sideline if there is a hint of an undiagnosed head injury.

“He was basically out (cold) after the hit,” McCoy’s father Brad told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. “You could tell by the rigidity of his body as he was laying there. There were a lot of easy symptoms that should’ve told them he had a concussion.”

Colt McCoy is culpable, too, because he didn’t tell trainers that something was potentially amiss.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/J...cussion-121311

So it's basically the Steelers who break ALL the NFL rules and regulations blah blah blah...Im so tired when its all you hear....The coaches and players need to get Crapell out of this league. If you can't play football go be a cheerleader!!!!!!!!!

This is all................................

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Very well said Tampa!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Frustrated
    DIE ROGER DIE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    I was looking at an article where Ray Lewis went helmet to helmet on Hines and he also comments he wont' stop playing the way he does yet when Harrison does it it's considered him trying to hurt a player on purpose....hell Ray doesn't get a flag on that call.....We HAVE to get another commissioner in there...Crapell is a joke to the NFL and he's ruining it!

Quote from Lewis:
    Yeah, I heard from the league and like I said they fined me whatever they was going to fine me,” Lewis said. “The thing is you definitely respect them trying to protect player safety. At the same time, it won’t change not one way I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can’t stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play. When the receiver has the ball, your job is to disengage him from the ball. You never want to hurt nobody. I’ve been in this business too long. I just think once you start getting into these fines I don’t know how they come up with the numbers most of the time.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-hines-ward/

What about the hit on Heath??? I thought he was dead on that one.....suspension??? Heath missed what 2 games?????

So I want to know what EXACTLY warrants a suspension or fine??? Suh most definately earned that suspension by stomping on the packer placer and this was not his first offense either but how can you suspend FOOTBALL PLAY????????????

This man is ruining the league....Ben gets his nose broke, concussions, slammed to the ground we are lucky to get a roughing the passer call on him.....

Now the coachers and physicians let McCoy out there and the media and *** clown Florio talk so much crap about the Steelers lying about Troy's concussion yet they put McCoy back in after a tackle! Looking at this hit again...McCoy was running out of the pocket with the ball...how is Harrison suppose to hit him, ...with his head jacked up in the hair..I see he does lower his head slightly and.he hit the bottom corner of his helmet (chin area) and not like he launched hit entire body at him....I dont' know..its just amazing how no one really knows anymore how they are suppose to tackle a player....IF Ben was hit like that and i know he has been before to the refs and NFL blindeyes there would be no consequences...NO matter what as soon as Harrison came toward him...Goodell was sitting in his lazy boy with eyes gazed thinking "OH BOY OH BOY IM GONNA BE ABLE TO FINE/SUSPEND THIS GUY"

Shame on the NFL here:
    Ed Hochuli’s officiating crew erred when not spotting that McCoy was glassy-eyed like the video cameras captured during the game telecast. So did the NFL “observer” who is specifically assigned by the league to call the sideline if there is a hint of an undiagnosed head injury.

“He was basically out (cold) after the hit,” McCoy’s father Brad told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. “You could tell by the rigidity of his body as he was laying there. There were a lot of easy symptoms that should’ve told them he had a concussion.”

Colt McCoy is culpable, too, because he didn’t tell trainers that something was potentially amiss.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/J...cussion-121311

So it's basically the Steelers who break ALL the NFL rules and regulations blah blah blah...Im so tired when its all you hear....The coaches and players need to get Crapell out of this league. If you can't play football go be a cheerleader!!!!!!!!!

This is all................................
    ray even said in the sports illustrated issue about concussions last year that it was an insult to the game how james was being penalized. even suggs defended james saying the nfl is targeting him. WHEN BALTIMORE RAVENS DEFEND STEELERS THAT IS WHEN YOU KNOW THE LEAGUE IS A CROCK OF ****.

AND THANK YOU for bringing up the fact that the clwons coaches, doctors and ed SUCKuli's crew allowed mccoy back in the game when the nfl is supposedly not allowing any player with concussion-like symptoms back on the field after a hit. HYPOCRITES.......

Lets see Colt run Harrisons way again in the cleveland game.. doubt it...

Veteran
    It's quite simple actually. Steelers voted against the CBA so anything they do is punishable by fine and/or suspension. Baltimore voted for the CBA so anything they do against the Steelers is perfectly OK (however, in order to pretend there is some fairness, Rube Baker levies a small fine on the opponent as well.)

The one thing that I felt was unfair, was whole QB part. Colt pulled the ball down and tucked it under his arm. At that point, he was no longer a QB and now a half back. To now claim it was a hit on a defensless QB is unfair. He was a RB that pulled up and threw a halfback option.

That being said, Harrison needs to ensure he's aiming a bit lower. Either plant his face mask in the chest or go for the knees. Would suck if he winds up blowing out someone's knee, but this is what the NFL has come to.

The big problem with the argument about Colt running with the ball is he is still protected as a QB until he passes the line of scrimmage - only then is he considered a runnner. Harrison just needs to stop leading with his helmet bottom line. He could have blasted him just as hard by putting his shoulder into his belly and driving through. Probably would have still gotten a roughinh penalty because of who he is...
    He's been doing great up to this point with "legal" hits this year - don't know why he couldn't on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by papabaier View Post
    The big problem with the argument about Colt running with the ball is he is still protected as a QB until he passes the line of scrimmage - only then is he considered a runnner. Harrison just needs to stop leading with his helmet bottom line. He could have blasted him just as hard by putting his shoulder into his belly and driving through. Probably would have still gotten a roughinh penalty because of who he is...
    He's been doing great up to this point with "legal" hits this year - don't know why he couldn't on this one.
    This is an argument I hear a lot and quite frankly its a terrible one. While I understand the rules perfectly, people have to understand that these guys have to react really really fast. If that argument should be valid, Harrison would have to:

1. Check to see whether or not McCoy actually had crossed the line.
    2. Stop running full speed, adjust midair and still make a tackle.
    3. Make the call whether or not McCoy would throw it or not.
    4. Make sure to account for ANY kind of movement the QB could make in order to avoid getting close to the helmet
    5. Protect oneself from potential blocks.

All this should be done within probably less than a second. That is quite simply not possible. I do agree that he should have attempted to tackle with his shoulder, but I don't buy the whole: He was not passed the LoS yet.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    This is an argument I hear a lot and quite frankly its a terrible one. While I understand the rules perfectly, people have to understand that these guys have to react really really fast. If that argument should be valid, Harrison would have to:

1. Check to see whether or not McCoy actually had crossed the line.
    2. Stop running full speed, adjust midair and still make a tackle.
    3. Make the call whether or not McCoy would throw it or not.
    4. Make sure to account for ANY kind of movement the QB could make in order to avoid getting close to the helmet
    5. Protect oneself from potential blocks.

All this should be done within probably less than a second. That is quite simply not possible. I do agree that he should have attempted to tackle with his shoulder, but I don't buy the whole: He was not passed the LoS yet.
    Thank. You.

Great post from Tampa! I may be a Bucs fan but secondly, I follow the Steelers. To put Harrison's unintential hit akin to Suh's blatant stomp is outrageous. I feel for the players who suffer from lingering injuries after their career is over but Goodell has made this a circus...he needs to be replaced.

Thread Information