Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Harrison to be suspended.. 12/14, NFL suspends Harrison 1 game!

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

Harrison to be suspended.. 12/14, NFL suspends Harrison 1 game!

UPDATE!!!

PIT - Suspension coming Tuesday for James Harrison - Mon Dec 12, 08:46 PM
    Updating a previous report, Pittsburgh Steelers LB James Harrison will be suspended by the National Football League Tuesday, Dec. 13. It is believed the penalty will be one or two games for his helmet-to-helmet hit on Cleveland Browns QB Colt McCoy in the Week 14 game Thursday, Dec. 8.
    12/14/2011 -

Steelers linebacker James Harrison was suspended today by the NFL for Monday's game at San Francisco, according to a league spokesman.

Harrison's one-game suspension is for his helmet-to-helmet hit Thursday night on Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy. Harrison is the first player under commissioner Roger Goodell to be suspended for a helmet-to-helmet hit under the league's more enhanced player safety rules.

Harrison, who was assessed more than $100,000 in fines last season, is expected to appeal the suspension. He said Monday that he didn't expect the league to fine or suspend him.

Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-13-2011 at 06:04 PM.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

If this is in fact, true, then this is pure unadulterated Horsesh*t from Roger Goddel.

Fine sure, suspension? Hope he gets a bad case of the trots for a week straight and it's so bad that he gets red baboon *** from over-wiping.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Goodell hates the Steelers. It's obvious from his approach. The NFL even went so far as to come up with the Steeler rule when it comes to hits. I call B.S. on the commish.

We all knew this was coming...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    All this is going to come down to is Gordell hates the Steelers and Harrison and look for him to make an example of Harrison...

Welcome to the new flag football

My Mood
    Manic
    if i was the players union i would fight this on the basiss that the rules on this are not clear teams and refs and players are being told differennt things if this was any other teamm i wouldn't be written about

Veteran
    I agree, the rules are not clear and they sure as heck are not enforced consistently. We've seen many Steelers take hits to the helmet and have no call, and we've seen Steelers hit the other player in the back or on the side and get helmet to helmet.

Right now, there are a lot of rules in the NLF that could use some clarification and consistent enforcement.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    there needs to be a review panel of ex-PLAYERS to watch these hits and determine the punishment...not ray anderson and roger goofball.

there needs to be definitive definitions of what is and is not a legal hit...and these definitions must be taken into consideration when handing out punishment.

there needs to be accountability among the officials as well. if a flag is thrown when one wasn't necessary, or if one wasn't thrown where it should have been, the league should fine the entire officiating crew...on these types of hits.

the league needs to punish players for their conduct if no flag was thrown. and fines and other disciplinary actions need to be uniform across the board...not handed out haphazardly.

the league also needs an independent appeal process of ex-PLAYERS. how can you appeal a decision handed down by anderson/goofball to anderson/goofball?

finally the owners need to demand these things, and if not given, need to unanimously remove goofball from his dictatorship. he isn't the best person for the job, and can be easily replaced.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

ill be making MANY videos comparing hits around the league showing their hypocrisy. sending them to every network and that twat goodell himself. they can take em down 50000 times ill keep posting on new accounts. if goodell was run over by a bus, not only would i not help him, not only would i stand over him laughing at his sorry ***, not only would i shake the drivers hand, buy him a beer and thank him for performing an honorable community service, id also write letters to my local senators requesting it possible for civilians to earn the congressional medal of honor. i hate that sniveling, sorry excuse for a man and will never respect him.......

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    A. not unexpected
    B. still BS

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information