Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Harrison to be suspended.. 12/14, NFL suspends Harrison 1 game!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    NEW YORK -- The NFL has denied James Harrison's appeal of a one-game suspension for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Cleveland quarterback Colt McCoy, and the Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker will sit out Monday night's game against San Francisco.

The ruling was made by NFL-NFLPA on-field appeals officer Ted Cottrell and announced Friday.

Harrison was suspended Tuesday because of the hit to McCoy during the Steelers' win over the Browns on Dec. 8. McCoy suffered a concussion.

The NFL cited Harrison's history of flagrant hits -- this was his fifth on a quarterback -- in making him the first player suspended under stricter guidelines for player safety that were invoked midway through last season.
    This is no surprise.....

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    guess what no fine for Phil Taylor's forearm shiver to the side of ben's head that's ****ed up
    He did get fined for a late hit.....

Cleveland Browns DL Phil Taylor was fined $15,000 for a late hit in Week 14 against the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to a league source.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't know why the NFL even bothers to have an appeals process. The panel is paid partly by the players union and by the NFL. The fact that they answer to Roger Goodell is enough reason to for the players to have no hope for anything to go their way.

Sure occasionally a fine will get reduced slightly but that's not exactly an every day occurence either.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    I don't know why the NFL even bothers to have an appeals process. The panel is paid partly by the players union and by the NFL. The fact that they answer to Roger Goodell is enough reason to for the players to have no hope for anything to go their way.

Sure occasionally a fine will get reduced slightly but that's not exactly an every day occurence either.
    Nor is it relevant. Its not really the fines as such which hurts a lot on most of this players, more than the suspensions.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I really believe James needs to start punching opponents in the face like Richard Seymore does, the punishment is less sever.

How can they justify the suspension ?

Seymore has been ejected from 3 games for punching players yet no suspension and his fine total is far below what Harrison has paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

Seems like it's kind of the same reason the colleges have an appeals process. Pretty much the same circumstances in that if you get rejected from a college and appeal the decision, the chances of it being reversed is extremely slim. If a player gets fined/suspended and appeals it, the chances of that decision being reversed are slim also. The only reason I can think of to have an appeal process would be that the league feels like it has to have one, in case the player can come up with some extra information as to why they shouldn't be punished.

If that made any sense...

You gotta love 92's new tweet:

17 games,1000+ snaps, 100+ tackles, 12+sacks and 2 forces fumbles since my last incident and I get a suspension for a football play!

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    You gotta love 92's new tweet:

17 games,1000+ snaps, 100+ tackles, 12+sacks and 2 forces fumbles since my last incident and I get a suspension for a football play!
    It he was dense enough to tweet that, he has more trouble coming.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    I seriously doubt he has "more trouble coming his way" because of what he tweeted. Seriously, get a grip dude.....

--Jack Lambert

--Joe Greene

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens1 View Post
    Dude go back to sucking on your chocolate candy cane while dreaming of Ray Ray Lewis you fn idiot!

Thread Information