Thread: Chiefs fire Haley

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Chiefs fire Haley

We have our second head coach removal of the 2011 regular season.

The Chiefs announced that Todd Haley has been fired by the team.

Haley’s removal isn’t a huge shock, although the timing of the move is a surprise. The Chiefs are 5-8, but they had been playing hard in recent weeks until Sunday’s blowout loss against the Jets.

(Apparently a bean bag game and a beard can only do so much.)

There was talk that Haley almost lost his job after last season, and that was when the Chiefs nabbed a surprising playoff spot. Kansas City went 19-27 in Haley’s three seasons, including the playoff loss to the Ravens.

“Todd helped this team in many valuable ways over the past three seasons, and I am thankful for his contributions,” Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli said in a statement. “Unfortunately, we have not been able to establish the kind of consistency we need to continue to build a strong foundation for the future and we believe a change is important at this time.”

Haley was Pioli’s choice as head coach, but the friction between them was the NFL’s worst kept secret. The two men seemed to diverge on how a team should be run. It makes you wonder if something happened Sunday night to speed up this decision.

Let the Josh McDaniels speculation begin.

PFT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

They lose their starting QB and start to struggle, shady move IMO, but oh well! Hey Todd, you can shave now!!

Could he be a decent OC??
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    They lose their starting QB and start to struggle, shady move IMO, but oh well! Hey Todd, you can shave now!!

Could he be a decent OC??
    I don't know much about Haley but found this:

Under Haley’s guidance, the Cardinals offense in 2008 was one of the league’s most innovative and explosive units.[2] Arizona tied for third in the league in scoring, registering a franchise-record 427 points (26.7 ppg).[2] The Cardinals were fourth in total offense, averaging 365.8 yards per game.[2] Arizona was second in the league in passing offense (292.1 ypg) and ranked sixth in the NFL with 20.5 first downs per game.[2] The Cardinals finished the season with a 9-7 record and a playoff berth after winning the NFC West Division title. The Cardinals went on to appear in their first Super Bowl in franchise history after the team scored more than 30 points in each of its three playoff games.

It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I don't know much about Haley but found this:

Under Haley’s guidance, the Cardinals offense in 2008 was one of the league’s most innovative and explosive units.[2] Arizona tied for third in the league in scoring, registering a franchise-record 427 points (26.7 ppg).[2] The Cardinals were fourth in total offense, averaging 365.8 yards per game.[2] Arizona was second in the league in passing offense (292.1 ypg) and ranked sixth in the NFL with 20.5 first downs per game.[2] The Cardinals finished the season with a 9-7 record and a playoff berth after winning the NFC West Division title. The Cardinals went on to appear in their first Super Bowl in franchise history after the team scored more than 30 points in each of its three playoff games.

I remember their offense was solid..
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information