Thread: The Approach to San Fran

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter

The Approach to San Fran

With the Ravens playing Sunday night at San Diego where Rivers appears to be getting hot once again late in the season, I would have two approaches to our game Monday night.

1. If Ravens win, I sit Ben and Pouncey. I start Dixon at QB with Chuck in the back-up role. Chances are, Harrison will be suspended so he'll be out, but I have faith in the D. I also make a return to the ground game ala the opening four games last year.

2. If the Ravens lose, I sit Ben and Pouncey. I start Chuck at QB with Dixon in the back-up role. Chances are, Harrison will be suspended so he'll be out, but I have faith in the D. I also make a return to the ground game ala the opening four games last year.

My thinking in making the QB switch is that Batch will take better care of the ball and will manage the game better. I also believe that this team doesn't need the 1 or 2 seed as much as people think. I fully expect to go to Baltimore and win should it fall that way.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

The Cards beat the niners w/ a back up QB surely this team can too. Their defense is based off of ours, ours being the real deal, I like the chances of beating them even with Dixon...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'm torn on what to think on this one. On one hand if Ben is able to go, you get him in there and get everyone else who is able to go on the field. You never know who is going to have a big game and lose to a team they shouldn't. Logic says if the Ravens beat the Chargers they'll probably win out. However if you're playing backups in place of starters who could go but you decide to sit them and then the Ravens end up losing you potentially blew a golden opportunity.

On the other hand we know the Steelers aren't going to lose the last 3 games so even though they haven't clinched anything they are probably going to make it in anyways. Getting Ben and the rest of the injured players back healthy for the playoffs is the better way to go.

Throw in too that even if you give Roethlisberger & Pouncey a rest for a couple of weeks there's no guarantee those ankles are going to be that much better just because of the nature of the injury.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    With the Ravens playing Sunday night at San Diego where Rivers appears to be getting hot once again late in the season, I would have two approaches to our game Monday night.

1. If Ravens win, I sit Ben and Pouncey. I start Dixon at QB with Chuck in the back-up role. Chances are, Harrison will be suspended so he'll be out, but I have faith in the D. I also make a return to the ground game ala the opening four games last year.

2. If the Ravens lose, I sit Ben and Pouncey. I start Chuck at QB with Dixon in the back-up role. Chances are, Harrison will be suspended so he'll be out, but I have faith in the D. I also make a return to the ground game ala the opening four games last year.

My thinking in making the QB switch is that Batch will take better care of the ball and will manage the game better. I also believe that this team doesn't need the 1 or 2 seed as much as people think. I fully expect to go to Baltimore and win should it fall that way.

i totally agree with all of this and especially with the highlighted comment.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

I say if Ben can play, he plays. But at the same time, I agree the Steelers are much more equipped to go on the road than some other teams and it looks like if the Steelers get the #5 seed, they go to the winner of the west (Oakland or Denver) which would be a walk in the park.

Thread Information