Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Gay saves the day, AGAIN!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Will Gay saves the day, AGAIN!

Dare we actually say SteelerNation, that our very own love to hate him, Will Gay is actually turning himself into a pretty darn good Cornerback. This is twice now this season that he has literally saved the game with a late INT to thwart the opposition's Game winning touchdown drive.

He did it again tonight in the endzone with just under 3 minutes left as Colt McCoy badly underthrew his pass and Gay was happy to step up and take the ball out of the air.

So far on the season, counting Thursday night he has 48 Tackles and 2 Interceptions. Both of which as I mentioned were game saving picks. Gay is longer the whipping boy that we all love to hate, love to rag on, and love to blame for losses. His offseason work, preseason effort, and overall play so far in 2011 has been a blessing on this team. In a year where the Steelers draft 2 CB's and see Keenan Lewis step up his game, Gay has done the same and taken his game to a new level.

Credit Carnell Lake for this turnaround as much as you credit the man himself. The Lake Effect has been amazing for our secondary.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Big play Willie Gay...lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    They don't call him Big Play Willie Gay for nothing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You have to give the guy credit; he never stopped believing in himself. He never blamed anyone for his poor play in years past. When he makes a good play he gives all the credit to his teammates and coaches. He's humble, a good team player, and man is it nice to see this kid finally start coming into his own.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I always liked Gay.....thought he has been solid for a 5th round pick....When you match up with monster freak TE's Gronkowski he will fail.....but he shouldn't be asked to matchup with those types.......

I am very happy for him. He had a great game overall. He was making plays all night (pass defenses, tackling, INTs). This will be huge for his confidence moving forward.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    I'm one of those that love to hate Gay and will admit I was wrong. I hope he's around for awhile and the young guys keep pushing to keep Willie's level of play high.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Mellow
    he definitely has stepped up his game, especially in the last few weeks. he almost had 2 picks last night when he made a great play earlier in the game in the end zone. well done willie!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Suddenly he's a guy that will garner some attention in the free agent market. The Steelers didn't have trouble signing to his one year deal this past offseason but after this year he's shown that while he may not be a top flight corner he can certainly hold his own in most situations.

Lake must have Cortez, Lewis and Brown breathing down Gay's neck and he is responding.

See you McFadden...

Thread Information